shape
carat
color
clarity

Piratefan finally got her 1.18 L AVC!! Lots of pics!!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
ACK this is the third time I have tried to post this thread, it kept timing out so lets try it again...My fault I am sure, I believe my files were WAY too large.

I have not posted in awhile but I had to check back in with pics of my new AVC e-ring. During a nice weekend trip to the mountains, actually on the first night my DBF, now my DF (ahh!) proposed. And I said yes!! Ofcourse. He said he proposed the first night because he wanted to spend the weekend vacation as an ENGAGED couple..Awww. I thought that was sweet.
I want to preface the photos by saying how Ah-Maz-Ing this diamond is. I mean it puts off its own light show. I have looked at many a photo and video of these beatuies but nothing prepared me for how Dang sparkley this thing is. Practically glows in the dark and never "turns off". Also was worried a bit sometimes about the color, an "L" but all my worried have ceased bc it is just so dang white most of the time. Just for fun I have also taken some comparasion pics with my mom's .61 RB D VVS1 Strong blue flourensence pendant. IRL the color is not as really as noticeably different as it seems in the pics, depending on the lighting that is. So without further ado...let me try this for the third time... :tongue:

Handshot_1_edit.jpg

Handshot_2_edit.jpg

Handshot_3_color.jpg

handshot_4_edit.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Some flower shots...

flowershot_1_white.jpg

flowershot_2_sunset.jpg

flowershot_3_sunset.jpg

flowershot_4_sunset.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Still more...

handshot_4_edit.jpg

handshot_5_edit.jpg

handshot_6_edit.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
And still some more...this time the Fiya shots :appl:

fiya_1.jpg

fiya_2.jpg

purple_haze.jpg

hand_sparklies.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
And those promised comparison pics... :naughty:

both_in_rose_2.jpg

both_in_rose_1.jpg

both_on_hand.jpg

color_difference_1.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
And just because here are a couple of the pendant on its own... :tongue:

arrows_1.jpg

RB_whiterose.jpg

shell_RB.jpg

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
SHEW!! :cheeky: Thats all the pics for now!! I realized in my haste to make sure this finally posted I left out the specs of my AVC.

SPECS: 1.18 L VS2 AVC
linky: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6215

Also, as a side note this stone was formally ecf8503's stone....which eventually made its way to me :wink2:

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, and I personally like a dab of warmth in a diamond!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mashira!! I do too!! It just has so much personality!! I love It! And your kite-set princess is beautiful!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh goodness, that's gorgeous!!

I just love a little warmth in chunky cushions, it looks really lovely on you :love:

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pirate :bigsmile:

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! I really like the creamy color of the stone :love:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ahh its perfection! The shape and size look perfect on you, and I am loving the photos with the peachy rose.

Congratulations! :appl: :love:

crisnpearl

Rough_Rock
it is absolutely stunning!! congratulations!! love the classic tiffany knife edge setting!!

it looks huge on your fingers. do you mind telling me your ring size??

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Piratefan!

Your ring is amazing!!! I know very well because we are ring twins! hehe :bigsmile: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I recently got a L/VS2 AVC and I completely know your joy! They are fab and so white too!!

It looks absolutely fabulous on you and I wanted to say congratulation's to you both!

Wear that baby in great health! :wavey:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It's exceptional! Congrats!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!
That warmth is lovely.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!!!!!! it is absolutely breathtaking!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your diamond has some personality. I really love the warmth of the L in color.

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Yssie said:
Ohhhh goodness, that's gorgeous!!

I just love a little warmth in chunky cushions, it looks really lovely on you :love:
Thanks Yssie!! I am definitely :love: loving the warmth and how it changes depending on the lighting. Love love love your three stone ring btw and the unplated white gold is perfect!! :love: Its one of my favorites!

panda08 said:
It's beautiful! I really like the creamy color of the stone :love:
Thank you panda!!

SanDiegoLady said:
Its absolutely breathtaking. I love it!! I love its warm glow. Ahhh, congratulations, its simply beautiful!
Thank you so much SanDiegoLady!!

arjunajane said:
ahh its perfection! The shape and size look perfect on you, and I am loving the photos with the peachy rose.

Congratulations! :appl: :love:
Thanks AJ!! That means a lot considering you set the standard on photographing warm AVCs and flower shots!! I am hoping to get on your level one day!! It is so amazing how the AVC just picks up whatever colors are in the environment around it, peach from the rose, green from the grass, blue from the sky...crazy cool :love:

crisnpearl said:
it is absolutely stunning!! congratulations!! love the classic tiffany knife edge setting!!

it looks huge on your fingers. do you mind telling me your ring size??
Thank you crisnpearl for your well wishes!! I am really liking the setting too. It is a simple stuller setting from GOG, it will eventually be replaced with a "permanent" setting but I am living how it makes the stone the focus and it is not too high, just right! np I forgot to mention that my ring size is a 5.

susimoo said:
Hey Piratefan!

Your ring is amazing!!! I know very well because we are ring twins! hehe :bigsmile: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I recently got a L/VS2 AVC and I completely know your joy! They are fab and so white too!!

It looks absolutely fabulous on you and I wanted to say congratulation's to you both!

Wear that baby in great health! :wavey:
Thanks susimoo!! Your ring is awesome! Your ring is the bigger, healthier twin LOL! Maybe my diamond will grow up to be your size :lol: They are soooooooooo amazing aren't they?! I had no idea when I started this process how awesome the "lower" colors were especially in antique style cuts. Thank you for your well wishes!

Imdanny said:
It's exceptional! Congrats!
Thank you Imdanny!! Means a lot!

Supers said:
Beautiful!
That warmth is lovely.
Thanks Supers!!

oranges said:
congratulations!!!!!!! it is absolutely breathtaking!!
Many thanks oranges!!

oddoneout said:
Thank you very much oddoneout!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Just GORGEOUS!!!! Looks beautiful on you. :love:

Enjoyed the comparison shots too. Very cool!

Congratulations on your engagement Piratefan. All the best :appl:

Cachette :))

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
lknvrb4 said:
Wow, your diamond has some personality. I really love the warmth of the L in color.
Thanks for noticing lknvrb4!! :razz:

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Cachette said:
Just GORGEOUS!!!! Looks beautiful on you. :love:

Enjoyed the comparison shots too. Very cool!

Congratulations on your engagement Piratefan. All the best :appl:

Cachette :))

Thank you so much Cachette!! We are very happy and really the ring is just the icing on the cake! Although really ridiculously ahmazing icing!! :lol:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks PirateFan! :wavey:

I have to be honest and say they both look pretty similar in size to me. I know cushion size up less than a RB, but I was pleasantly surprised when I did a search and saw other AVC rings and how large they appear to be on the finger. I think it must be something to do with that internal battery pack that lights it up, thats permanently switched on! :sun:

I think we need more pictures please!!

you gotta to keep us happy!!! :lol:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congrats!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love the handshots and comparison pics! Thanks for taking the time to do that all :love: :cheeky: Got anymore hiding around???

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
woo hooo!!! Congrats! It's so pretty! and lovely on your hand :twirl: :love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRETTY! I used to be a color snob and wouldn't even consider anything lower than a G. I am very quickly getting over that because I just love how "soft and warm" a J/K/L looks! Congrats on being engaged!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your AVC is soooooo perfect! Love all the fire! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results