shape
carat
color
clarity

Pippa Middleton engaged

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I personally don't quite understand why Pippa Middleton is news :confused: but ok, lol.

I love the asscher but tbh, I think the halo overwhelms it. They should've asked Gypsy for an example of a well done asscher halo, haha!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that dress she has on...to young for me but looks great on her. Yep, halo stones are too large and overwhelming.
He obviously didnt come to PS for advice!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is a fabulous woman, a lovely sister and seems a vigorous athlete, her ring isn't to my taste, those corners are just too big for me, but if she loves it I'm very happy for her. Halo takes away from a nice, large Asscher I think.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually love the ring itself but think maybe she's too tiny/dainty for a ring so commanding?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring. She's news because she's Kate's sister, one day she'll be the sister of the Queen. ;))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love asschers in general, but I wish her halo was more delicate!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree about the halo, but hey, it's her ring. I think this would have been a gorgeous three stone with some side traps.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my taste, but good for her! I'll be interested to follow their wedding.

susief

Shiny_Rock
She looks really happy. I like the Middletons as a group - they come across as being a close, loving, supportive family.

The ring? Not my taste. Agree with everyone else it would have been better without the halo, or with a nicer halo. The cost is based on it being a 4 carat "flawless" diamond so I presume IF or even FL, which is pure speculation on the part of the jeweller commenting in the article. We can't guess the size without knowing her ring size - FWIW Kate has small fingers (UK H, US 3.75 - the things I know :cheeky: ) so maybe Pippa does too? Who knows really.

Maybe it will spark interest in different diamond shapes and diamond quality in the UK. I can hope!

As for why this is news... it isn't, but we don't have any Kardashians over here, so... :lol:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
susief|1468953570|4057244 said:
As for why this is news... it isn't, but we don't have any Kardashians over here, so... :lol:

Awesome! Haha!!

P.S. I like the ring!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that really a four carat stone? It doesn't seem quite that large to me, but what do I know?

I would go with a more delicate halo, but then, Pippa didn't call for my opinion, did she? ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is too flat and angular for my tastes as well but she is young and beautiful and in love so she probably loves her ring! I sure hope so!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think I read it was a 1.5 carat asscher. I think I've been on PS too long. The first thing I thought of was when I saw this was all those gorgeous, delicate looking halos we see on these boards.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 carat center stone? No way. 2 max. Unless her finger is huge...

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it does like the plan was to maximize finger coverage in order to compete with Kate's sapphire, as opposed to placing the stone in a setting that flatters it. Congratulations to the happy couple. I hope she had some input on the design.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
While I don't like the chunky halo I love the center stone. Asschers are my second favorite cut , but honestly? If offered to me I'd wear it in a heartbeat.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read it was 4 ct but maybe that's total? Love the asscher but the halo is too overwhelming. Can't wait to see what she pairs it with for a wedding band.
AlSo, I thought in England it was considered gaudy to rock such a large ring? Will she take flack for the size?

susief

Shiny_Rock
It would be considered a bit gaudy and assumed fake on a normal person but she / her fiance are rich enough to get away with it. Different rules for "celebrities".

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to know where they bought it, though!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her ring, and her setting.

Step cuts are deeper than other cuts, so yes, it might appear to face up small. I wear a 4 ct that I've had two very well meaning sisters argue over if it's 1.5 or 2 carats before. They were bickering to see who was right, not bc they were trying to be mean at all. Though I do have larger size 7 fingers.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, tasteful ring! It suits Pippa very well. She looks so happy and in love. I'm really pleased for her!

Can't wait to see her dress. She'll make a stunning bride!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results