Premium
What's that thing in your Avatar?
Is there a dog or cat inside it?

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.37.02 AM.png

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...I can answer because I have 3. They are Litter Robots, self-cleaning litterboxes for cats.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
I had no idea.

Looks like a character from that film ET.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered this too, thought it might be a fan or other household appliance! I need to get one of these for my bunny......

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
I had no idea.

Looks like a character from that film ET.

I tell my friends that my cats pee in a spaceship.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered this too, thought it might be a fan or other household appliance! I need to get one of these for my bunny......
Be sure to read the website before you purchase. The auto clean function works for animals of a certain minimal weight -- I think it's 10 lbs. Even if your bunny isn't heavy enough to trigger the self-clean cycle, you can easily do it. It would be easier than the usual way of dumping out everything.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was wondering who would be the first to ask. :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a huge moment captured on "film"! At this point it seemed like 3/4 cats had embraced the litter-robot, and Honda (the white cow cat) was the last hold out. She was afraid of the litter-robot and thought mama was trying to put her in a space pod and launch her to Mars. I was so excited when I happened to witness Honda voluntarily step into the litter-robot to go potty so I snapped this pic to share with Mr. Bean. This pic meant that from that moment forward we could get rid of the clever cat in the den and stick with the litter-robot!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to this forum and the post on Miss Muffin I've ordered one. Can't wait to put it into action.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been wondering about the avatar pic as well! Couldn't tell if it was one of her kitties in there :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to this forum and the post on Miss Muffin I've ordered one. Can't wait to put it into action.

No shit? :mrgreen:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! I asked about this is your 'Studs' thread. I was sure - and still am - that its a spaceship.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Do they need to be hard wired to the plumbing or anything?

You both, Matata and Pinto, have multiple cats so... I am holding out hope these might work out for us too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they need to be hard wired to the plumbing or anything?

You both, Matata and Pinto, have multiple cats so... I am holding out hope these might work out for us too.
No just electric socket. There is a bottom drawer that you place a garbage bag in. I just bought a box of 500 waste basket liners 8 gallons? From Costco and they average 4 cents each - much much less than those litter genie refills.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Cool. Can you link me to where you bought them from? I'm wondering how many I'll need.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, no sh*t odor. My cats' litterboxes are in my basement, so there's really no odor. I have a bad back and plantar fasciitis and bending over or squatting causes pain. I can definitely bend over to open a drawer and pull out a bag of poop, though. Thank goodness for things that make our lives easier. I think the cats will like it, too. It's arriving by FedEx today, by the way.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Is it recommended to have several for s several cats? (I have 3 cats and 5 litter boxes, it's tiring)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Is it recommended to have several for s several cats? (I have 3 cats and 5 litter boxes, it's tiring)
When I got the litter robot, I kept one of the boxes out in the same room. I immediately noticed a decrease in clumps in the box. Within a couple of days, I was down to 2 pees and a poo in the box within 24 hours, from 4 cats. What I discovered was that at least one (the one I witnessed) cat was alternating going between the robot and the box because she had options lololol!

Now I only have 1 litter-robot for 4 cats. But every cat is different, and every home is different.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 4 cats and 3 litter robots but that's because 1 cat has to be isolated from the rest and needs one in his room. I would need 2 in any event because they all want to use the litter box at the same time in the morning and after dinner and sometimes one will get impatient and jump in when it's in the midst of a cleaning cycle. Although the litter robot will stop mid cycle, the position of the globe can make it awkward for the cat to do its business properly. I went from 6 large litter boxes to 3 litter robots and I love it.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who have the litter robots, what are your thoughts? Does it really keep the odor away?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it keeps the odor away bc I'm not hovering over it scooping lololol! Of course I can smell when someone's pooped for a bit just like how the scent lingers after we flush our toilets :confused2:. The only downside is holding my breath when I have to pull the drawer out to tie up the bag. :cry2:

I've had people come over and be shocked that my house doesn't smell like cats. I also use unscented litter.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
We have one and it works great. It is pretty large, but that is mostly from it taking up vertical space whereas a normal, manual box would not as much. I would definitely recommend it. We also have the automatic box with like the rake that goes through. The Liter Robot I think is better for both smell and mess.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
And I thought it was state of the art washing machine !

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at them on and off (saw the previous generation ones too) they are $895.00AUD here so I wanted to know from people that really had them that they actually worked and their cats used them before buying one.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread too to decide if I can justify the cost of one of these! We currently have one cat - she's allowed out in the day but we have a manual litter tray for nights, although she generally poops outside so it's not too bad to manage.

We're getting a kitten in a couple of weeks though and will probably need to keep her permanently as an indoor cat. I can't bear the thought of the smell and having to regularly scoop poo, but I'm loathe to spend so much on a cat toilet (albeit a fancy, high-tech one)!!

If anyone has one of these robot litter trays and their cats either don't like it or they regret buying for some other reason - speak now or forever hold your peace, before I pull the trigger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results