shape
carat
color
clarity

pinkie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
over in another thread regarding orange stones recently purchased by a newly orange struck member and now offical member of the
face6.gif
orange-crazed color stone pack
face6.gif
, i made mention that despite my personal distaste for pink gems [many are gorgeous and look stunning on others but they are not ''me''] that i had purchased a pink gem. it arrived last night.

this is the vendor''s picture which does not pick up how nicely cut this gem is nor its brilliance.....actually, i''m surprised by it brilliance as not all tourmaline that i''ve seen has had that ability. it is a pink i can live with and does not exhibit the grey cast seen in this picture. i tried to photo the stone and my shots were so bad i deleted them.

this was not an expensive stone and does not exhibit all the desireable qualities of an expensive tourmaline...... but i was specifically wanting a himalaya mine tourmaline and while the best stones are long gone, i''m happy with my purchase. i think it would set well, though, with my little three mines spess i purchased last year...and perhaps the little AU sapphire i picked up as well....perhaps one day i''ll get creative and get a unique piece made!

mz

ps not sure if i did the picture thing right....hope its not huge!

1.11 pink tourmaline.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this one of Brad’s? It hard to believe it’s a tourmaline, isn’t it? Especially since you can see the brilliance and blue flash from the cutting.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it. Are you able to capture the non-gray color IRL photos?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re good, Chrono! yes, one of Brad''s........again, i''m quite pleased with cutting and polish. of course, the rough had to have potential......its definitely got flash.

mz

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the photos i took were so bad that the grey mask in the vendor's photo looks good! really do wish i could get a better picture for you all. i tried inside, under lighting, and outside. no go, unfortunately.

mz

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
So who else is a member of Orangoholics Anonymous?
31.gif

*Hi, my name is PR and I''m addicted to orange stones and colored diamonds.*

Beautiful stone, MZ! It has a nice pastel shade of pink. Is it me or do I see some blue/lavender flashes?

Are you going to set this stone or just add it to your collection?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2010 11:15:09 PM
Author: platinumrock
So who else is a member of Orangoholics Anonymous?
31.gif

*Hi, my name is PR and I''m addicted to orange stones and colored diamonds.*

Beautiful stone, MZ! It has a nice pastel shade of pink. Is it me or do I see some blue/lavender flashes?

Are you going to set this stone or just add it to your collection?

I think the Maine tourmalines do have a lavender secondary if I''m not mistaken. I have a spinel that same exact color, and the lavender secondary. Congrats on your new tourmaline MZ.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results