shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink topaz ring or necklace

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for a pink topaz ring or necklace. If you see one, let me know. Thank you!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any particular style?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget? I like this vendor’s style:
http://etsy.me/JRM2tX

Thankfully, decent quality topaz is not difficult to find. (Tell that to Zales. :roll )

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have seen inexpensive pink topaz stones at various stores like Ross Simmons.

The price can vary on the different colors of topaz. For example, white topaz and blue topaz are very inexpensive.

I’m looking for a good quality of imperial topaz that is in the uncommon shade of pink. I’ve seen some examples on Lang Antiques. Those pieces are in the $1500 to 2500 range. But that may be because of the age of the piece.

So, am I crazy to think that imperial pink topaz is rare? What does “imperial” mean anyway?

Someone asked my preferred style and price range. I like classic designs (halos and old things). Price range under $2700.

Thank you!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per the GIA, there's no official standard for what's considered imperial topaz: https://www.gia.edu/gia-faq-imperial-topaz

If you're looking for good quality and pristine, I assume that a new piece would be better priced than an antique. Pink topaz is really trending in the antique jewelry market right now, especially Georgian pieces.

I don't have any suggestions on where to look for new pieces, but if you are after antiques then you could give these sellers a try:

https://www.instagram.com/antiqueanimaljewelry/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/ishyantiques/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/estatejewelrymama/?hl=en

They might not have anything on hand, but Evie of Antique Animal Jewelry might be able to pull something from a dealer connection. Ishy & Kim (Estate Jewelry Mama) might be able to as well, or at least they can look out for something.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good quality untreated pink topaz from places like Brazil and Katlang is actually hard to find and these days quite expensive the cheap neon pink topaz you see in chain stores is irradiated rubbish from China etc.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I did find one ring on a vendor’s website. It is a lilac colored imperialtopaz ring set in a halo. If you find it, please don’t mention the vendor.

Thank you for all the suggestions!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I have changed my mind about the the one I mentioned above. It is the pink (lilac?) halo platinum ring on the Three Graces website. $3000 is too much for me.

I'll keep looking.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I for one never understood the appeal of a natural untreated pink topaz, to wear and not simply to collect for the rarity. Topazes just tend to have large windows, maybe because of the RI? With that kind of money why not go for the same pink in sapphire or spinel, which are more durable?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4614.JPG
They can be beautiful. The antique pendant has a large light pink untreated old cut topaz I assume probably Brazil origin, the peach pink crystal is from Katlang, the neon pink heart (it's hot pink not red IRL) is a cheap, I assume diffused/heavily treated topaz.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most pink topaz has its color artificially created, and I think some is coated which you really have to be wary of. True pink topaz is very rare, expensive and more subtle in color as the above photo shows. It ultimately depends on your budget and what you find attractive. Color enhanced pink topaz should be very affordable.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I for one never understood the appeal of a natural untreated pink topaz, to wear and not simply to collect for the rarity. Topazes just tend to have large windows, maybe because of the RI? With that kind of money why not go for the same pink in sapphire or spinel, which are more durable?
if you want a very large stone, the crystal structure of topaz tends to lend itself to a more generous size, like tourmaline. It’s very difficult and expensive to find nice pink spinels over 3 carats, and fine untreated pink sapphires are $$$$, let alone larger stones. That’s why I suspect a nice pink topaz is popular. Untreated morganite has a similar look, but it’s lower RI and less durable than spinel and corundum. It can be found in larger sizes though, again because it has that kind of long generous crystal structure like topaz and tourmaline. I have an 8 carat padparadcha color morganite, if it were a sapphire, $$$$$. Avoid treated morganites though, they fade or are brown.

Kunzite is also another beautiful alternative, and large sizes can be found, but there’s much irradiated material on the market, which like morganite, can fade over time.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pink/peach/sometimes lavender-ish Topaz from Brazil. It has a color quality which is subtle and interesting. Depending on light, it shifts from warm to cool, with a kind of freshness in both. Often seems to have multiple colors in it, but it is just one color. Maybe that’s because of the extreme cut of this one. I’ve learned that they are often cut to adhere to crystal shapes, sometimes making windows. I think mine falls into this catagory, but with the overall design, I don’t mind. Anyhow, a very interesting gem.
739E7B4E-8FEC-4D5D-A23C-8DE6522C1AE1.jpeg AAD83B1A-9E1B-48AE-9EC5-583F56CDF49E.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 beautiful pendant? Georgian?

This Georgian pink topaz and white quartz rivière is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry:
FCD66BC5-1AF2-4600-9DBB-C091633F3583.jpeg 2C177C27-D1FE-43E4-A93B-C2E7BFFA8071.jpeg

I’m also expecting a Georgian pink topaz ring in the mail next week, plus the “Weep Not” mourning ring:
DB90A0CA-4164-45BE-B2D3-3F91EE87A799.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 beautiful pendant? Georgian?

This Georgian pink topaz and white quartz rivière is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry:
FCD66BC5-1AF2-4600-9DBB-C091633F3583.jpeg 2C177C27-D1FE-43E4-A93B-C2E7BFFA8071.jpeg

I’m also expecting a Georgian pink topaz ring in the mail next week, plus the “Weep Not” mourning ring:
DB90A0CA-4164-45BE-B2D3-3F91EE87A799.jpeg

Oooooh those pieces are gorgeous!!!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I’m drooling over the pieces in this thread!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Jeff White used to source pink topaz - perhaps he can still provide some. Prices, no clue... www (from the 'Sold' list www ... )

Orange-pink shades are somewhat typical & very, very beautiful... www

I tend to remember topaz offers because the faint natural blue is my favorite thing.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results