shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Tinted MRB in CVB Dahlia

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I have a project I just dreamed up and reached out to Johnathon at Distinctive Gems to start the hunt for a MMD with a pink undertone, in the 9mm range. Id like to have it set in a modified dahlia from CVB. Im not quite sure on metal yet, but im interested in possibly looking at 18k unplated white gold... Any suggestions from anyone would be great. this is my first route with a MMD, and typically I LOVE OECs, but its not in my price range at this moment, so im hoping ill find a MRB that i love!

Edited to Add: If anyone spots a stone with a pink tint, please let me know! (If you don't mind) I'm still on the hunt as well as going through Johnathon. I found one yesterday on Ritani and now i don't see it.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love OECs, then I might wait to save up for one. They are totally different in aesthetic from MRBs and you don't want to be disappointed.

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I have a project I just dreamed up and reached out to Johnathon at Distinctive Gems to start the hunt for a MMD with a pink undertone, in the 9mm range. Id like to have it set in a modified dahlia from CVB. Im not quite sure on metal yet, but im interested in possibly looking at 18k unplated white gold... Any suggestions from anyone would be great. this is my first route with a MMD, and typically I LOVE OECs, but its not in my price range at this moment, so im hoping ill find a MRB that i love!

Edited to Add: If anyone spots a stone with a pink tint, please let me know! (If you don't mind) I'm still on the hunt as well as going through Johnathon. I found one yesterday on Ritani and now i don't see it.

Use caution going with the photos and videos on Ritani's website. I've viewed SO many of their diamonds, and a tremendous number of the lower colored stones look to have a pink tint, at least on my screens. However, I now own three of their MRB lab diamonds graded L color (two ideal cut, one excellent cut). All appeared to have pinky-brown undertones online. In person, two of the three are a silvery champagne, and one is a much darker greyish-brown - no pink detected at all by my eyes. Going with someone like Jonathan may well be your best bet here. I haven't worked with him, but his reputation is solid.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
There's a lady who got an MRB from Distinctive Gems that was just perfectly brown/pink. Stunning. She was choosing between two stones with that undertone and I was so tempted to grab the one she didn't take. I'd definitely get Jon to see if he can source something similar.

Otherwise try New World Diamonds as they produce very obviously pink/brown stones.

I love unplated white but it's more beige/yellow which may neutralise any undertones, so rose gold might be the better pick to bring out any pink understones? Good luck!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a lady who got an MRB from Distinctive Gems that was just perfectly brown/pink. Stunning. She was choosing between two stones with that undertone and I was so tempted to grab the one she didn't take. I'd definitely get Jon to see if he can source something similar.

Otherwise try New World Diamonds as they produce very obviously pink/brown stones.

I love unplated white but it's more beige/yellow which may neutralise any undertones, so rose gold might be the better pick to bring out any pink understones? Good luck!

That was me :) Definitely go to Jon!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
That was me :) Definitely go to Jon!
Did you just email him from the email address listed on his webpage? I emailed a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Use caution going with the photos and videos on Ritani's website. I've viewed SO many of their diamonds, and a tremendous number of the lower colored stones look to have a pink tint, at least on my screens. However, I now own three of their MRB lab diamonds graded L color (two ideal cut, one excellent cut). All appeared to have pinky-brown undertones online. In person, two of the three are a silvery champagne, and one is a much darker greyish-brown - no pink detected at all by my eyes. Going with someone like Jonathan may well be your best bet here. I haven't worked with him, but his reputation is solid.

Thank you, that is great to know abut Ritani!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you just email him from the email address listed on his webpage? I emailed a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

I filled out an interest form thingy. More recently I called him directly when I had a question and he was extremely quick to reply.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I believe Vrai stones tend to skew pink-brown in lower colors.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I filled out an interest form thingy. More recently I called him directly when I had a question and he was extremely quick to reply.

He did reply back quickly, it just got lost in my emails/spam! Thanks

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update, I got my stone from Distinctive Gems... its gorgeous!!! I cant wait to see what Caysie does with it in the Dahlia.

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see it set. Congratulations!

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Just an update, I got my stone from Distinctive Gems... its gorgeous!!! I cant wait to see what Caysie does with it in the Dahlia.

This is just beautiful!! This sort of diamond is on my wish list. I can’t wait to see it completed!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it in the Dahlia!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow can’t wait to see! Please post lots of pics when you get it :)

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
The glamour shots are in from Caysie!!!! I should get my ring on Friday. I have cuffs added with blue sapphires, since they are my husbands birthstone and in my original engagement ring, but im a little worried they are not working with the pink hue of the stone? I was hoping the pink wouldn't show up as much as it is. ring1.jpeg ring2.jpeg Ring3.jpeg ring4.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
The glamour shots are in from Caysie!!!! I should get my ring on Friday. I have cuffs added with blue sapphires, since they are my husbands birthstone and in my original engagement ring, but im a little worried they are not working with the pink hue of the stone? I was hoping the pink wouldn't show up as much as it is. ring1.jpeg ring2.jpeg Ring3.jpeg ring4.jpeg

Looks amazing to me! I don’t notice the pink that much. But I love both blue and pink. It’s a a amazing duo of stone and setting !

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
The pink tint in the stone is quite subtle, IMHO - enough for someone to see it, if you mention it to them, but not so pink that a casual observer will think that it's meant to be a colored diamond. I think the whole piece is gorgeous! Of course, you should be 100% happy with it, as your opinion is the most important :)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others. Your diamond color is very subtle, and your ring is gorgeous!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I love everything about this, a hint of pink diamond in my favorite setting. It’s a knockout!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Ill post more photos once I get it on Friday!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@maldkelton Wait till you see it- even though that is hard ;-). The pink may not be that obvious to you IRL. It could be the lighting setup that the photos are taken in even. My stone also has the faintest baby pink undertone- in some lights, I can't see it at all, and in others the pink wink is beautiful!! It looks gorgeous! So excited for you!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo, that is one gorgeous ring! <3 I see the pink tint decently well in one of the photos on my computer screen, but not as much in the others. See what your eyes can detect in person, but I doubt the tint will be noticealbe enough in real life to clash with the blue.
Can't wait to see those hand shots.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks beautiful too!! Can’t wait for more photos.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Here are the hand shots! I LOVE the setting from CVB, its amazing! Im still getting used to the diamond and the color. Most of the time she is very white, but if I go into certain lightings, usually inside a dim building, she is almost a lavender color, its so strange. My hands look huge, but ring size is a 5. image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I also must say, this is the most sparkly stone I have ever seen, its a legit fireball! It almost looks fake to me, as it sparkles so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results