shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have the opportunity to buy a .3ct fancy pink diamond (natural color). It is a light pastel pink (but noticably pink). It is GIA certified, and is I2(feathers). It still sparkles, and because its small, the feathers arnt very visable. Guy wants 375$ for it.
I dont know much about natural colored diamonds and have never ran across a pink one before.
Is that a decent price for it? It is a small diamond, but it would be cool to have a pink one to add to my white and champagne diamond collection.

I cant find much about pink or colored diamonds and prices...any websites have a "call for price" on them and I dont want to bother vendors if I have no intent to buy from them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a photo of it?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No photos. Its a local stone and I didnt have my camera with me. GIA report said Fancy Pink, no undertones.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I really can''t help you about this, except with a little advice - try to find something similar on several other sites and see what they''re asking.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ack...been trying. Everything has a call for price or ask for price, or HPT diamonds.. Maybe ill just call one. I dont like to buy something if I am not sure if I am over paying.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 1:37:12 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
No photos. Its a local stone and I didnt have my camera with me. GIA report said Fancy Pink, no undertones.
I have no idea where you''re buying it from, and I have no idea what it looks like, so that being said, I really cannot give good advice. The GIA cert could not be authentic to this particular stone. Sometimes brownish pinks are sold as fancy pinks to confuse. If you like it, and it''s pretty, $375 isn''t a huge investment, but just know that with the caveat that it might not be what it seems.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 1:48:20 PM
Ack...been trying. Everything has a call for price or ask for price, or HPT diamonds.. Maybe ill just call one. I dont like to buy something if I am not sure if I am over paying.
fancydiamonds.net and Arthur Langerman''s colored diamond site will give prices for smallish fancy pink diamonds online. DiamondsByLauren does as well. These places only sell natural color natural diamonds.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the stone in person? How is the return policy? Make sure it''s a safe one in case they touch up the photos or something. Ask for additional photos, especially for one where someone of them is holding it in a hand - that generally gives a good idea of an actual color.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes I have. Its not brownish pink. I dont see any oranges or browns in it, just a baby pastel pink. I didnt ask about return policy, but I have bought stones from here before (my certified paraiba tourmaline cushion cut) and didnt have a problem. I was told with that one "if it comes back fake or as anything else Ill take it back". Ill check out the website you gave me TL! Thanks!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That is a really low price for an untreated fancy pink; you might have found a deal, or a fake. Since the return policy is good, I''d buy it and have it checked out.

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2010 12:20:28 PM
Author:Tropicgal10
I have the opportunity to buy a .3ct fancy pink diamond (natural color). It is a light pastel pink (but noticably pink). It is GIA certified, and is I2(feathers). It still sparkles, and because its small, the feathers arnt very visable. Guy wants 375$ for it.

I dont know much about natural colored diamonds and have never ran across a pink one before.

Is that a decent price for it? It is a small diamond, but it would be cool to have a pink one to add to my white and champagne diamond collection.

I cant find much about pink or colored diamonds and prices...any websites have a ''call for price'' on them and I dont want to bother vendors if I have no intent to buy from them.
Unfortunately, fancy color diamond prices are not quite as defined as regular diamonds (very similar to color gemstones) because so much of the value depends on the color. What is the exact color grade? Based on my experience, I would say that is a fair price and is probably affordable because of the I2 grade. Saturated pink diamonds can be very,very expensive as they are quite rare.

--Joshua

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is the color of the diamond. Of course it is a call for price... But the one I am looking at is I2, not VVS. Woweee are the diamonds on this site expensive. Its hard to believe that little diamond could be wirth even close to some of these...

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/3534.htm

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the price is very inexpensive for what it purports to be.

see this: http://cgi.ebay.com/0-21ct-AUSTRALIAN-ARGYLE-PINK-DIAMOND-CERTIFICATE_W0QQitemZ280446270973QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fine_Rings?hash=item414be67dfd

then check this same vendor''s other pink diamond listings.

i doubt the stone you are considering will compare to them. on the other hand, it doesn''t carry the price tag either. we get what we pay for and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

mz

ps pink and/or red diamonds are the most expensive in the world.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2010 2:22:27 PM
Author: movie zombie
the price is very inexpensive for what it purports to be.

see this: http://cgi.ebay.com/0-21ct-AUSTRALIAN-ARGYLE-PINK-DIAMOND-CERTIFICATE_W0QQitemZ280446270973QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fine_Rings?hash=item414be67dfd

then check this same vendor's other pink diamond listings.

i doubt the stone you are considering will compare to them. on the other hand, it doesn't carry the price tag either. we get what we pay for and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

mz

ps pink and/or red diamonds are the most expensive in the world.
Holy diamond poop, thats expensive. Its a pretty diamond...but 10k for .2cts? wow. The one I am looking at isnt that deep pink. Its like the one I posted above. The cert said Fancy Pink. Didnt have any grade like in tanzanite certs.

Personally though, I kinda like the baby pink more then the deeper pinks. Like you said, eye of the beholder.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 2:22:18 PM
This is the color of the diamond. Of course it is a call for price... But the one I am looking at is I2, not VVS. Woweee are the diamonds on this site expensive. Its hard to believe that little diamond could be wirth even close to some of these...

Your stone could also be clarity enhanced, which greatly diminishes it''s value, even if it is fancy pink. A GIA cert may not note that either.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will have to check that out. I will go back there tomarrow and scope the stone for clarity inhancement before I make a decision on it. I have been trained with a scope to look for that type of enhancement, so its easy to verify.

I bought a diamond a while ago, and it looked pink. I scoped it and it only looked pink because of the filler used when they clarity enhanced it (it flashed pinkish purple). That bad boy was returned right away (wasnt this vendor).

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I would say your price is fair for an I2 Fancy Light Pink with GIA grading. Going down in clarity will make most impossibly expensive fancy diamonds more affordable.

Some fancy color''s prices go up to infinity, for stones even less than a carat....

--Joshua

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2010 2:29:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Your stone could also be clarity enhanced, which greatly diminishes it''s value, even if it is fancy pink. A GIA cert may not note that either.
GIA will not issue grading reports for clarity enhanced diamonds and if it''s laser drilled without clarity enhancement it would be noted on the report.

--Joshua

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That looks about right. I will let you all know what I decide. Alot of it depends on enhancement like TL mentioned. But it looks like a good deal if its all natural, and Ill prolly snag it up.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2010 3:58:25 PM
Author: serenitydiamonds

Date: 1/3/2010 2:29:00 PM

GIA will not issue grading reports for clarity enhanced diamonds and if it''s laser drilled without clarity enhancement it would be noted on the report.

--Joshua
Oh well thats good to know! Thank you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your evaluation tomorrow gives you promising results. Sounds like a great deal if it is a pretty diamond. And it''s pink.
9.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds yummy, and if you don''t like it, it should be an easy one to flip.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

I cant find much about pink or colored diamonds and prices...any websites have a ''call for price'' on them and I dont want to bother vendors if I have no intent to buy from them.

This website http://www.ajediam.com/fancy_color_diamond_prices_0-30_to_0-37_carat.html gives prices for coloured diamonds.

I dont know much about fancy coloured diamonds and I''ve never bought from these guys - but from the few I''ve bought elsewhere I found the prices here to be roughly comparable to the prices I''ve got from the companies I''ve bought from (after some haggling)

With my very limited experience I would say the price you are being offered is extremely cheap if its the real thing (natural untreated).

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/4/2010 8:00:41 AM
Author: MAC-W

This website http://www.ajediam.com/fancy_color_diamond_prices_0-30_to_0-37_carat.html gives prices for coloured diamonds.

I dont know much about fancy coloured diamonds and I''ve never bought from these guys - but from the few I''ve bought elsewhere I found the prices here to be roughly comparable to the prices I''ve got from the companies I''ve bought from (after some haggling)

With my very limited experience I would say the price you are being offered is extremely cheap if its the real thing (natural untreated).

The pink diamond that she is looking for is I2 though, typically not considered eye clean, hence the low price.

Very nice pricing page though, I love how it''s organized.

--Joshua

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are these wholesale prices for real? I question it because they seem pretty high for champagne diamonds.

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/5/2010 1:33:45 PM

I cant find much about pink or colored diamonds and prices...any websites have a 'call for price' on them and I dont want to bother vendors if I have no intent to buy from them.

I dont know much about fancy coloured diamonds and I've never bought from these guys - but from the few I've bought elsewhere I found the prices here to be roughly comparable to the prices I've got from the companies I've bought from (after some haggling)

Are these wholesale prices for real? I question it because they seem pretty high for champagne diamonds.

No they aren't real wholesale prices, they are 'wholesale' prices (retail listed as wholesale). The world would be a safer place if people stopped trying to buy jewelry for wholesale.... lol.

--Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results