shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond search

Warner19

Rough_Rock
Seeking a pink diamond for my engagement ring. Budget is US 10,000. wanting minimum .50 carat in a blush pink color in a round or oval cut. I live in Canada and every jeweler I contacted came up with smaller then .50 and heavily included. Which has led me to online searching. Currently looking at Leibish, Langermans. It's a real struggle to find anything worth while in my price range. any tips on places to look for pink diamonds?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately it's incredibly difficult to find pink diamonds that aren't heavily included and/or incredibly expensive. I would also look at James Allen (although I don't see anything that would work in your budget right now), DiamondsbyLauren, the 2 you alreaday mentioned.

Would you (or your fiance) consider a lab diamond? There are some GORGEOUS pinks at diamonds by lauren right now, but obviously you'd have to be comfortable with that.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately it's incredibly difficult to find pink diamonds that aren't heavily included and/or incredibly expensive. I would also look at James Allen (although I don't see anything that would work in your budget right now), DiamondsbyLauren, the 2 you alreaday mentioned.

Would you (or your fiance) consider a lab diamond? There are some GORGEOUS pinks at diamonds by lauren right now, but obviously you'd have to be comfortable with that.

DiamondsbyLauren lab growns are so beautiful! But out of my budget!

I finally settled for the fancy intense pink (no orange overtones) from newworlddiamond.com.. Arriving next week.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
ooh good call! But they sell out incredibly fast so OP would have to set up notification.

I know! But that's because the prices are so reasonable.
I mean there are other vendors that don't sell out so quickly but OP might have to pay a bit more or consider an alternate route/MMD.

Warner19

Rough_Rock
Have you checked out diamondsbylauren yet? Idk if they have anything in stock right now, but they're a reputable vendor for colored diamonds as well.

I have not yet but thanks for the tip

Warner19

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the suggestion, I would prefer a natural stone though

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion, I would prefer a natural stone though

Totally understand. I think if you want a natural pink diamond in .5ct or bigger that's eye clean you might need to increase your budget (or be willing to compromise on size or be open to other shapes). Needing a specific shape, size, and having a budget makes it all quite difficult, unfortunately.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have opinions on brilliance.com?? They have some very, very light pink (not sure how pink you want it) diamonds that could work, but I'm not sure about their reputation?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Seeking a pink diamond for my engagement ring. Budget is US 10,000. wanting minimum .50 carat in a blush pink color in a round or oval cut. I live in Canada and every jeweler I contacted came up with smaller then .50 and heavily included. Which has led me to online searching. Currently looking at Leibish, Langermans. It's a real struggle to find anything worth while in my price range. any tips on places to look for pink diamonds?

For the budget.. I think you can find a few at leibish.. They give discount coupons for anniversary and birthdays.. I think u can stack the discounts.

If u want the size.. U have to sacrifice on the color.. Faint pink or fancy pink might look too pale..

The overtones matter too.. Common overtones are brown.. So it might not be the blush pink If u r looking for such..

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
For the budget.. I think you can find a few at leibish.. They give discount coupons for anniversary and birthdays.. I think u can stack the discounts.

If u want the size.. U have to sacrifice on the color.. Faint pink or fancy pink might look too pale..

The overtones matter too.. Common overtones are brown.. So it might not be the blush pink If u r looking for such..

Also probably expand on the cut if it is not a must. I don't think I see many (if any) round fancy coloured diamonds. And ovals are not as common either. Mostly pears and radiants in pink.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have opinions on brilliance.com?? They have some very, very light pink (not sure how pink you want it) diamonds that could work, but I'm not sure about their reputation?

I used them to try and source a very specific color of light brown/pink diamond. They didn't have what I wnated in stock but were very prompt in responding to me and sending videos/GIA certs, etc. I looked and don't see anything in "blush pink" in either oval or round within OPs budget. But I definitely think they are trustworthy and worth considering.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I would try and reach out to Martin @USA Certed Diamonds he is from Toronto, Canada

Warner19

Rough_Rock
Totally understand. I think if you want a natural pink diamond in .5ct or bigger that's eye clean you might need to increase your budget (or be willing to compromise on size or be open to other shapes). Needing a specific shape, size, and having a budget makes it all quite difficult, unfortunately.

yes I may have to open up to cushion cut as well. I think that would be the only one that would work with the bands design and what I had in mind.

Warner19

Rough_Rock
I would try and reach out to Martin @USA Certed Diamonds he is from Toronto, Canada

I will reach out to him then. I live just outside of Toronto. Great tip

Warner19

Rough_Rock
OP this Instagram vendor has pinks that are well priced.

Just to clarify, what colour do you mean when you say "blush" pink?
I like the 7-6 p and pr on Argyles colour chart also the pc2 champagne (if bright and pale enough) wanting a pastel soft pink but not too faint that in certain lighting it looks like a normal diamond colour. Not into vivid or lilac leaning colours. Which is good because I can’t afford vivid.

Warner19

Rough_Rock
I like the 7-6 p and pr on Argyles colour chart also the pc2 champagne (if bright and pale enough) wanting a pastel soft pink but not too faint that in certain lighting it looks like a normal diamond colour. Not into vivid or lilac leaning colours. Which is good because I can’t afford vivid.

Does anyone have experience with this instagram seller?
fancycolor_diamonds

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
If you like the brown undertone I suggest to look for brownish pink or even brown pink. This will allow you to find larger stones. Brown undertone will also make the color seem higher than its actual color grade. Example:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

I bought my e-ring diamond from brilliance.com....i worked with Erin. She was very accomodating and and my diamond appraised (independently) for almost $6000 more than i paid. I was very happy with them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered there's another vendor named Benma diamonds that is trustworthy. They have a few stones that look promising within budget

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@K8_Montreal you cannot promote your services here as a vendor.

Warner19

Rough_Rock
Hi there
I am a jeweller/gemmologist in Montreal and have a lot of contacts here and outside Canada for pink diamonds. I see great deals come up from time to time. If you are not in a rush, I can probably find you something - but it may take some time. Have you thought of a treated diamond to hit all your criteria (colour, carat and budget)? Natural pink diamonds are so coveted they fetch a very high price.

Thanks K8. Looking to have the finished ring by mid May. I have a deposit with a Toronto jeweler who is setting it for me- they take 4-6 weeks once they get the stone so I guess I would have till early April to give them a stone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My apologies. I just joined the group an hour ago so just learning the ropes. I actually wasn't looking to make a sale. I don't deal in gemstones. I am a bench jeweller, not a broker.

Scroll down to the bottom, then click on, Forum Policy.
Read the section on Trade Members.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 11.58.16 PM.png

PS is pretty strict about trade members following the policies they agreed to follow when registering.

I'm glad.
I don't like forums where members are constantly trying to sell stuff to me.
It's annoying, like spam and commercials. :knockout:

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
OP gorgeous pink pear on Parks Fine Group insta right now. Not sure if it’s too purply you...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results