shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond help please!

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Deciding between 2 GIA pink diamonds, both with similar carat weight, clarity, and cut. Difference is as follows:

1. Fancy light brownish pink (one intensity up from light pink, but with brownish modifier)
2. Light pink (one intensity down, but no secondary color)

Which one is a better choice? Please help! Thanks.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
better choice for what purpose?

Colored diamonds are all about appearance, so without pics really hard to say unless you're talking pure investment purposes.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess that the color with no modifier would be best for investment, but single colored stones aren't a great investment as a private seller.

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
I would guess that the color with no modifier would be best for investment, but single colored stones aren't a great investment as a private seller.
Diamonds aren't ever a good investment. You need to buy what you like now and enjoy it. Because it's just a bad investment.

Thank you for the inputs! Yes, diamonds are probably not good investments, but both diamonds seem equally beautiful and so difficult to decide. Therefore, the only other determining factor would be the long term value. Any additional comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PUMPYKINS

Rough_Rock
As I know diamonds aren't in trend anymore. Try something new.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Best choice is to buy the one you love the most- then wear and enjoy it.
While it’s true that diamonds hold value better than most other consumer products you buy, it’s also true that selling them is a full time job- and a job that consumers are simply not able to do well. That means when consumers sell diamonds, they generally have to accept far far less than market price.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, for investment purpose.
Neither.
Only exceptional gemstones of exceptional size/colour can ever be investment pieces... and if you’re looking at “light” or “brownish” you’re certainly not near the realm of “exceptional”.
Buy what your eyes prefer and accept that you’ll most likely lose money if you sell in future.

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and expertise. I recently started to venture into this category of colored diamonds and it has become quite dangerous. The more I look into pink diamonds, the more alluring they become, but they come with a pretty hefty price tag!

I am still educating myself and doing further research so that I can make sure I choose the right stone for me with no regrets. I would like to say that this forum has been really helpful and I appreciate all the members for your contributions. :pray::pray::pray:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
At your service m'lady!!

I will add this:
The grading of pink/brownish pink diamonds is quick difficult. Far more subjective than colorless diamond grading. Therefore, there are times when a Light Pink looks noticeably pink, and other times, you can hardly see any color ( round diamonds are the worst for showing color, in general)
There are times when a brownish pink clearly shows brown- yet in other examples, you can't really notice the brown- or it can actually add to the pinkishness.

These are "interesting" stones:)

elitefashion2000

Rough_Rock
Which cut would bring out the color hue best.....Radiant or Cushion Modified Brilliant? Any pros and cons between the two for pink diamonds?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics of each one. The shape alone doesn't really give us enough info

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which cut would bring out the color hue best.....Radiant or Cushion Modified Brilliant? Any pros and cons between the two for pink diamonds?

To bring out body colour face-up you want faceting that elongates light paths as much as possible - as many internal reflections as possible. Resulting face-up output will be lower-energy. “Super ideal” colourless RBs, by contrast, minimize path length, resulting in a whiter, objectively brighter face-up.

You’re on the right track: radiants and modern cushions generally have facet patterns that excel at this task. As @lovedogs said we’d need photos to say any more.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
A colored diamond is almost always going to be cut however will maximize color shown by that particular stone (not light return).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
About cut, each name stands for a large variety of versions and looks. It is serious fun, if somewhat difficult to see a sufficient selection in person.

IHMO even if you end up with a FV, the brownish pink or oragy pink deserve to be seen - such beautiful colors!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results