shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond halo stressing - who to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After seeing kittenkat and qqq''s gorgeous pink halos, I have my heart set on one as well, except this time for a pear shaped diamond. I''m trying to keep the cost down, and would do so by getting the setting done by whiteflash or diamondsbylauren, as Maytal''s quote was over $1000 more (although I know her craftsmanship is amazing). I''m wondering purely about the pink diamond quality though- will whiteflash be able to select the quality of pinks Matal can? I''m only talking about pink diamond quality here, not craftsmanship of the actual ring. I am really stressing as I don''t want to choose WF or DBL and be sacrificing some really good pinks with Maytal.

Thanks!!
Natasha

widget

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why Maytal would have 'a corner" on top quality pink mellee. It seems to me that any good dealer could get them for you. Just specify that you want 'top of the line'. ( Pure pink without brown undertones, and well cut)

Good luck!
widget

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your heart set so much on pink diamonds, or just pink? A way to get the cost down would be to go with pink saphires.

Just a thought!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Without a doubt, I would choose pink sapphires. You will get a much more intense pink for a much cheaper price.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 11:48:07 AM
Author: jazmine
Without a doubt, I would choose pink sapphires. You will get a much more intense pink for a much cheaper price.
Ditto!!
2.gif

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
thanks all, but i definitely want pink diamonds. I don't want anything vivid pink, just baby pink, but I don't want it to be too faint!

p.s. thanks widget, i'll just be specific...i do trust the vendors around here, just wanted to make sure!

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
bluescharm, I know this info might be outdated, but I still want to let you know. I was indecisive about the setting for my cushion for several weeks. During a time I almost decided to go for the halo, I called Leon Mege, and he told me there was a batch of Pink single cut melee leftover from Chopard available. This was about 2 weeks ago, so I think the Chopard pink melee might be long gone. However, it won''t hurt to ask, sometimes things unexpected do come up.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 11:49:18 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/19/2007 11:48:07 AM
Author: jazmine
Ditto!!
2.gif
me three! there is such a large price difference, those little pink diamonds are expensive!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 3:28:31 PM
Author: bluescharm
thanks all, but i definitely want pink diamonds. I don't want anything vivid pink, just baby pink, but I don't want it to be too faint!
I must admit, I don't blame you. Pink diamonds are so charming, and the sapphires are often too vivid; just not the same! If you can afford the diamonds, I say go for them.

Here is a beautiful one I saw at Charleston Alexander. I thought it was A Jaffe but I can't say for sure.

ETA: Just noticed you said pear shaped diamond, so I don't know how useful the picture is to you, but anyway...

CA pink halo1.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results