shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink and blue diamonds (natural and treated)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I posted about pink diamonds under Rocky talk. So I know that a two carat light to medium pink color would cost around $70 grand. I was wondering about a few other things.

As far as sparkle and fire. How do they compare to the colorless diamonds with good specs?

I have never seen one in person so I am just curious, seeing how I''m a blind em with the sparkle gal type.

Blue diamonds approximately how much would a two carat cost? I am thinking medium to dark blue. In the princess, radiant, pear, marquise, oval, and trillion shapes. Also with good specs and the same question about the sparkle and fire?

What is this I hear about colorless diamonds having color added to them? Does this cause the stone to lose any of its sparkle, does it lose its color over time, how much do these cost in the two carat range same shapes with good specs in blue and pink?

I haven''t seen any sapphires blue or pink in person either so how do they compare to the colored diamonds? Do they sparkle at all? I am sure the price range is significantly different!

Thanks I know its alot of questions but I have kinda fallen for these colored stones. Never was into jewelry but that all changed with the e-ring now I am hooked and well colored stones have caught my fancy.

wavey.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Natural blue diamonds are only somewhat less expensive than pinks. They too are in the "if you have to ask, you can't afford them" category.

Treated color diamonds are still diamonds and the color does not affect the brilliance or fire unless it is so saturated as to interfere with light transmission. The color is usually added with some combination of radiation and high-pressure high-temperature treatment. Note that the treated colors often look artificial.

Sapphires and colored diamonds are apple and oranges and should not be compared. Sapphires do not have the brilliance or fire of diamonds but the colors can be much more attractive in the top-end stones.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. You guys are always so helpful. Thanks bunches!
wavey.gif

FLiP7983

Rough_Rock
Also, a lot of times the reason why Diamond manufacturers color stones is usually when the stone is sort of yellowish, not so good color quality, so sometimes by coloring it's worth more than keeping it as it is. At my job, we normally color the stones that have poor color quality. As far as how color and colorless stones compare, they're pretty much the same in terms of fire and sparkle, just different color, but then again, how much fire and sparkle also depends on the quality of the stone. As LawGem stated, pink diamonds are very expensive just like blue diamonds primarily because of its rarity and high demand in the market, now because of J-Lo, pink diamonds are probably more in demand now.. hehe. I really find it to be incredible how the earth can create blue and pink diamonds and other fancy color diamonds. I work for a diamond manufacturer, maybe I will post close up pictures of fancy color diamonds so you can get an idea of how they are similar and different from colorless diamonds. I hope this answered your questions..

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look: fancydiamonds.net and diamondsbylauren and israel-diamonds.com and better still: http://www.diamondrough.com/index.htm

Yeah, the pinks sparkle just the same, but cuts are more akin to colored stones. So the material has the same potential but is rarely wasted for the sparkle when the color is what the cutter wants.

1.gif

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/13/2003 1:07:11 AM Girls-best-friend wrote:

I posted about pink diamonds under Rocky talk. So I know that a two carat light to medium pink color would cost around $70 grand. I was wondering about a few other things.

As far as sparkle and fire. How do they compare to the colorless diamonds with good specs?
Colored diamonds are diamonds and thus have the same characteristics. A deep blue diamond would not, of course, show fire (the breakdown of white light into constituent colors) because the deep color would mask this trait.

I have never seen one in person so I am just curious, seeing how I'm a blind em with the sparkle gal type.

Diamonds are all about brilliance, sapphire are about color! Both sparkle but all things being equal, diamond will outsparkle sapphire.
Blue diamonds approximately how much would a two carat cost? I am thinking medium to dark blue. In the princess, radiant, pear, marquise, oval, and trillion shapes. Also with good specs and the same question about the sparkle and fire?

Wrong question: Gems are all about quality, they are rare. no two are alike and other than "colorless" diamonds they are not a comodity thus the prices will vary greatly by stone.

What is this I hear about colorless diamonds having color added to them? Does this cause the stone to lose any of its sparkle, does it lose its color over time, how much do these cost in the two carat range same shapes with good specs in blue and pink?

Much less! By the way, blue is rarer and more costly than pink not the other way round as suggested in another post. Still, look at the stone, a given pink may cost more than a given blue depending upon beauty.

I haven't seen any sapphires blue or pink in person either so how do they compare to the colored diamonds? Do they sparkle at all? I am sure the price range is significantly different!

A blue diamond cannot stand toe to toe with a fine blue sapphire. About the only fancy color diamond that is a paradigm of color is the yellow.

Thanks I know its alot of questions but I have kinda fallen for these colored stones. Never was into jewelry but that all changed with the e-ring now I am hooked and well colored stones have caught my fancy.

wavey.gif
----------------

Diamondeyes

Rough_Rock
hi i want to find a ring which will be well suited to me i want a white gold band and a massive rock but dont know what shape will you help me ? diamondeyes xxx
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results