shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my ring & wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mafia

Rough_Rock
I just picked up my ring from dimendSCAASI here in Chicago. After much thought and selection, I ended up going w/ the Eightstar diamond & custom platinum setting. I worked with Isaac who was extremely helpful. The whole process went very smooth and easy, even if I had to wait for the ring to be done it was well worth it!!!! I''m very happy and can''t wait to actually ask Rachael to marry me. Since she knows it''s coming my surprise is the time & place. We''re both Formula 1 fans so my proposal will probably be in the pits over the weekend.

Here is a link to the ring: http://www.dimendscaasi.com/images/products/large/1_large.jpg

And I''ve attached the picture of the band.

It''s a 1.6ct D VS1 Eightstar in custom platinum setting with a 2.5mm ~.6tcw platinum Cartier band.

Thanks to Isaac, this forum, and Cartier!

Drew

wedding band 1 small.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely clean design, I'm sure she will love it! My goodness, D & VS1 to boot. Very impressive size as well. Enjoy the proposal.
10.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck on the proposal!

acanuck

Rough_Rock
Drew,

That custom setting is very much like the one I just had made - very nice

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Got home yesterday took some pictures of it with my camera. It's kinda hard to get the camera to focus properly, here is what I got.

Eightstar 4s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
another one

Eightstar 5s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
next one

Eightstar 3s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
more
1.gif

Eightstar 1s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
next

Eightstar 2s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
almost done

Eightstar 6s.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Last one

Eightstar 7s.jpg

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow.

jimhwu

Rough_Rock
Mafia,

Congrats! I've been reading these forums for 2months now and this is my first post. The reason is I also bought my e-ring from Dimendscaasi! Isaac was honest and great to work with. Your eightstar diamond looks awesome. The arrows are so distinct. I went with a H,VVS2 1.05C AGS0 with tension setting. Paid a great price for it and had it send upstairs to PGS for a 2nd opinion... Well, PGS came back and not only confirmed everything but in their evaulation, they graded it a G,VVS1 as well as confirming that the diamond exhibits hearts & arrows pattern. When I purchased the diamond, Isaac brought out all the gadgets and we analyzed a number of stones under the firescope, hearts&arrows viewer and the microscope... Anyways, just want to share my thoughts and experience. Good luck on everything!

Jim

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
So that's incredible!!!!

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Just got back from Indy - and she said "yes." Had a great day, we got right next to the pits, took a million pictures, got to see some of my favorite drivers, some autographs... etc. then closer to the end of the day we sort of sneaked back into the grandstands and watched the AMG Mercedes' run. We climed up to the very top of the grandstands and were the only ones in the whole huge race track.. and that's when I asked her. Was kind of a spontaneous idea, but worked out great!

Drew

Balustroid

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

What a spectacular ring! Well done.
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Nice!

-Josh

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow amazing stone and ring, that must have set you back a bit of $$. Are there diamonds in the band/ring itself..I couldn't see them? love those arrows!

congratulations and GREAT eye!!
appl.gif

Mafia

Rough_Rock
No diamonds in the setting - it's a plain platinum setting. The wedding band has 37 little diamonds all around. Here is a picture of it, the one I posted earlier seem to've disappeared.

Thanks for all the compliments!!! She loves it!

Drew

P.S. I also have some really cool F1 pictures if anyone wants to see those LOL.

wedding band 3 small.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Ok, I couldn't resist... here are a couple of F1 pics. I'll be at the track over the weekend and won't be able to post. So for all the fans out there.

Indy F1.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Fernando Alonso signing an autograph for Rachael earlier in the day.

Alonso.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Juan Pablo - hope he wins!!!

Montoya.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
Pretty cool stuff
1.gif

Williams Pit.jpg

Mafia

Rough_Rock
In case you think I completely lack the mushy romantic gene, which might be true to an extent... My original plan was to propose at a tiny vacation town of South Haven, Michigan while I went to an open track day at a nearby roadcourse (nothing like two birds w/ one stone, hehe). I went through the trouble of finding a cute victorian style mansion that offered bed&breakfast and getting us a room... Only to forget the ring at home, doh! I guess the "traditional" romantic thing wasn't meant to be, but in the end it worked out much better. Since race cars suit my personality more so than the mushy stuff - after all that's part of the reason she loves me
2.gif
. Anyway, not to leave on a racing note (as I feel I've stolen my own thread already) here is a non-car related picture. This is where we're getting married.

Drew

Wedding Castle.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to post a comment.
Beautiful set. I am sure your fiancee loves it. Who wouldn't, imagine- the best of everything, cut, color, clarity and size.
The wedding band is lovely, too.
By the way, if she changes her mind, call me!!!
Just kidding, okay, maybe not....
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results