shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my hand-forged bangle by Victor Canera

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I have been wanting a solid plain bangle for a while. Last month when the platinum price started to drop, I decided it's about time to get one. I firstly contacted Larry Van Craeynest. He was interested in doing it, but our communication didn't go very well. He seemed to prefer phone calls over emails. Most of my emails didn't get replied to, and sometimes I got phone calls from him unexpectedly, to discuss the details of the project. Our communication style is so different that I decided I should go with another jeweler.

Then I contacted Victor. I heard many wonderful things about him and his work. It turned out so true! He replied to most of my emails within an hour. For someone who doesn't have a lot of patience to wait, i.e., me, this is great.

Victor was extremely patient with me. After being presented with all the possible bangle design options, I got very excited, but also felt a bit overwhelmed because this is my first bangle and I had no idea what would look good on me. When I hem and haw and tried to make up my mind, Victor let me take my time and never asked when I would be ready. I felt absolutely no pressure from him. It took me 2 weeks to decide on all the details. However, it took Victor only 1 week to complete the bangle! I sent him the payment last Friday and I got the bangle this Friday. How fast was that! :appl:

The bangle has a nice oval shape and has some clearance for my wrist. Victor created a unique lock for me, on the inside of the bangle. Once it's on, the wrist will not allow the safety to come off. Victor assured me this is the most secure safety. I love how the lock is almost invisible but also very secure.

Now let's see the two glamour shots from Victor. I took two handshots with my cell phone; please excuse the quality.

_MG_3348.jpg

Bangle.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Classic style, I love how he did the clasp, just seamless and fluid - beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie that is such an elegant piece :sun: it really makes a statement with its simplicity. Nice touch on the clasp, too!

Can I ask if it's solid platinum? It must be quite heavy, how does it feel on the wrist?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FABU! I wish I could talk to your privately about costs, etc......I am a bracelet/bangle hound....

cheers--Sharon

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love it. I think it qualifies as an everyday piece. :bigsmile:

Yssie, it is solid platinum. You are right it is not light. It weighs 113 grams. Although it is not too heavy for me, it's still going to take me at least a few days to get used to wearing it. Overall, the bangle is very smooth and very comfortable to wear. When I sit at my desk, I can slide it up about 4cm, toward the elbow. This way my wrist doesn't have to bear the weight all the time.

canuk-gal, Victor is not pushy at all. Don't be afraid of talking to him about the costs. :)

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! And versatile. And, mmm platinum. :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love love love that.
So cool, clean and classic!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Very nice!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty! Nice piece to add to any collection. I love it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is my kind of bangle. Awesome.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very cool!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! I am a bangle fanatic and this is beautiful!!! More pics please, especially real life prospective!! :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I was so excited when I saw the title of your post and the piece has not failed to impress. It's so classic and beautiful.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the simplicity of the design! I hope it won't patina too easily, though!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely pretty~!
A great amount of weight on your wrist and certainly look just right on you!!
Congrats! :appl:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that is beautiful :love: :love:

I want one too, Cookie! It's classic, modern, elegant, and looks fabulous on you :appl:

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Really pretty! Enjoy :)

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It goes with many clothes I have, which is great. ::)

I will try to take some good pictures with my camera. I am visiting my family this weekend and don't have the camera with me, so the new pictures won't come until Monday the earliest.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Cookie, I can't imagine something that gorgeous bangle wouldn't go with. It's lovely. What can be better than a solid platinum
bangle! Oh my gosh! I love it!

I just went to Victor's site to see his other bracelets and yours is on his site! Your famous now, girl! It should be called the Cookie
bangle!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1318126124|3036301 said:
Wow, Cookie, I can't imagine something that gorgeous bangle wouldn't go with. It's lovely. What can be better than a solid platinum
bangle! Oh my gosh! I love it!

I just went to Victor's site to see his other bracelets and yours is on his site! Your famous now, girl! It should be called the Cookie
bangle!

:o It is indeed there! It looks quite different from all the other gorgeous blings he's made before.
Thank you luv2sparkle! :bigsmile:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
More hand shots:

11_2.jpg

22.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
modern, elegant, classic...great bracelet :) and it looks great on your wrist!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a platinum bangle! Beautiful!!! :love:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! It looks great on you.

Simple, classic, beautiful...and it looks great on you too. :cheeky: Enjoy!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow - I LOVE it!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cookie, it's beautiful!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful but after seeing how much you paid for it, HOLY CRAP, I could never afford a platinum bangle. I did greatly admire it's beauty though, very classic lovely piece....never in my price range though...who would have thought I could afford diamonds over platinum? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results