shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I am trying to take a picture of my diamond and every picture I take comes out very fuzy and you can barely see it. I have a digital camera and I have tried taking them in macro and normal mode, with and without a flash, and with and without other lighting but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know it can be done because I see pictures of diamonds all of the time, but I can't seem to get one where the diamond is in focus. Any advice?

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
You are most likely putting the lens of your camera too close to the subject of your photo. If you own anything other than a Nikon digicam, you won't be able to get right up to the diamond to snap a pic. Try backing up a bit and using your zoom to get the diamond to fill the frame. If that doesn't work, then back up until you can get it to focus. Take the pic @ maximum resoution and then crop the diamond out in photoshop.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I have tried to take a picture as close as 2 inches and a far away as 3 feet(zoomed all the way in) and no matter what it still comes out blurry. I will try to find a magnifying glass and take a picture that way. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had the same problem trying to take photos of my diamond. I just gave up eventually, but never tried it with a large mag glass. I have a sony digital camera with 6x zoom but to no avail! Let us know if the mag glass works..

hbright

Rough_Rock
Try the idealscope. It worked for me. Also try a tripod or another support to prevent blurring.

I took the picture using a nikon coolpix 2500 with the close up mode.

arrows.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Along the lines of Garry's suggestion to use the IdealScope, a friend of mine uses the head from a loupe, taping it to the camera lens.

Works pretty good.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

GiGi

Rough_Rock
http://www.ural-almaz.com.ru/main_e.html <---- READ THIS

Now, what does "HPHT" stand for?

G.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Oh, please disregard the previous post.... it was meant for another thread.
Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results