shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of bracelets and eternity bands - 20 pointers and 40 pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been in Shanghai for about a month and a half now and I've hardly spent any money, really not much at all, since I can't really speak Chinese and don't really know how to get around. I've met some Chinese expat women whom I go out with once a week for fairly inexpensive dinners. Hubby and I have recently found some decent places where you don't have to spend much to get a decent meal, though there are some high-end places where you can drop quite a few more dollars!!

So what's my point, you may ask?
2.gif
3.gif

Well....my dear PSer's, my pocket is ITCHING, BIG TIME!! I haven't bought a SINGLE thing, apart from groceries and basic household items since we moved up here. I used to live in Singapore, a shopping paradise (well, apart from New York and Hong Kong), and now I can't even go shopping!! I NEED to buy something, FAST!! LOL!!

Hubby has been giving me "pocket money" (since I don't yet have access to our bank accounts here - you need to have a permanent resident permit to have yr name put on a bank account) and it's still mostly intact. I already have a couple of thousand dollars (USD equivalent) and by the end of next month, that should grow to about USD4-5k.

I was thinking of putting that money towards either a bracelet or eternity band of 23 pointers each or 40 pointers each. My late mom left me some 23 pointers and a couple of 40 pointer diamonds which are sitting around gathering dust. I'm having BGD price the bracelets and eternity bands for me. In the meantime, however, I was wondering if anyone may have pics of either a 20 or 25 pt bracelet or eternity band; same for the 40 pt.

Oh, and I wear a 4 1/2 on my RH, this would be a RHR. The bracelet should be about 6 1/2 inches long.

Another thing is: Would the 40pt eternity band be too big or the 23pt bracelet be too small? To give you some context, I'm having my 3ct e-ring reset into a 3-stone ring with two 1-caraters as side stones. I also wear 2.30ct each studs on a daily basis.

Thanks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 40 point eternity band sounds very large and uncomfortable, on the other hand it probably wouldn''t take a lot of stones. The 23 ct bracelet sounds more wearable. Is it really safe to wear that much over there? (no criticism, just curious) I don''t think I would feel safe wearing that here. How''s the weather?
35.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:49:50 AM
Author: AprilBaby
A 40 point eternity band sounds very large and uncomfortable, on the other hand it probably wouldn't take a lot of stones. The 23 ct bracelet sounds more wearable. Is it really safe to wear that much over there? (no criticism, just curious) I don't think I would feel safe wearing that here. How's the weather?
35.gif
Thanks for your reply and input, AprilBaby.

I wish I could try such a bracelet on or at least see pics of similar bracelets on similar-sized wrists, to get an idea.

I'm not really sure about the safety here, haven't been here long enough. It doesn't seem so bad though. I have friends here who wear larger stones and they don't seem to think it's a problem. Also, when I go out, it's either with these women in their car or with my husband; and so far, I don't feel fearful. If I ever manage to get a job, though, it'd mean taking the subway and for sure I'd leave all this stuff in the bank vault.

It's hot, it's the summer here and it's only going to get more uncomfortable! Yikes!!
5.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with aprilbaby...the 40 ptrs between fingers sounds like it would be uncomfortable. I think
the braclet would be more wearable and would be quite lovely. Maybe you can find a jewelry
store that has 40 - 50 ptr 5 stones that you could twist to put between your fingers to see how
it feels. I have a 5 stone rign with .16 diamonds and I dont like the way it feels when it twist
but maybe I''m just overly sensitive.

Do you have a DBTY necklace? That would be lovely with .23 or .4 diamonds in it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I vote ring! Only because I''m in the middle of making an eternity with half carats!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bracelet gets my vote -

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 12:19:56 PM
Author: tyty333
I agree with aprilbaby...the 40 ptrs between fingers sounds like it would be uncomfortable. I think
the braclet would be more wearable and would be quite lovely. Maybe you can find a jewelry
store that has 40 - 50 ptr 5 stones that you could twist to put between your fingers to see how
it feels. I have a 5 stone rign with .16 diamonds and I dont like the way it feels when it twist
but maybe I''m just overly sensitive.

Do you have a DBTY necklace? That would be lovely with .23 or .4 diamonds in it.
Thanks for yr reply, tyty.

Hmmmm...I wonder??? I wish I could find a store that had such a ring. I don''t go shopping in SH but maybe when I''m in Singpapore next I could look for it.

Do you have a pic of your 16pt five stone ring? What size do you wear? I''m a little surprised that you don''t like it when it twists. I wonder if the 23 pt would still be too big for me? The largest eternity band i have has 4 pointers so this is making me a bit concerned now.

DBTY necklace is lovely and looks esp nice on younger people I think. I fear I might be a bit too old for that look!
2.gif
1.gif
. Thanks for yr suggestion anyway.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 12:30:43 PM
Author: elle_chris
I vote ring! Only because I''m in the middle of making an eternity with half carats!
OOOOOHHHH!!! You are?!!!
36.gif

Could you possibly share more details? Will it be a full eternity? What size finger are you? When do you expect it to be finished? I have so many Q''s for you!
1.gif

WOW, how exciting!! YAY!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 12:33:14 PM
Author: D&T
bracelet gets my vote -
I''d LOVE to get a bracelet.

Heck, I want both!!
11.gif
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 12:59:01 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Phoenix
35.gif

belongs to Cflutist
10.gif
is this what you have in mind?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wink-rocks-again-%E2%80%93-check-this-out.18260/

Thank you, dear DF!

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. WOW, her 33 pt bracelet looks so divine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I think I will do the 40 pt bracelet, not sure how much it'll cost. May have to wait until after I get my 5ct ring though
2.gif
3.gif

So, that means I will do the 23 pt eternity band now. All I have to do is figure out if a 23 pt eternity band would be ok for me. I wonder where I can get pics for that?
33.gif

Thanks again, DF.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results