• 1. Sketch ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Claire Kinder 2-sided baguette band

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Morning All! I am about to undertake a custom project. Quick background: 17 years ago my husband bought me this vintage 18k WG diamond ring. I have upgraded many times, but this ring has such sentimental value to me that I keep going back to it :)
At one point I took it in to be sized and the jeweler added prongs (that were not there previously) and in my opinion they look blobby and just take away from the aesthetic of my ring :angryfire:
I am working with Erica at Love Affair Diamonds and Caysie to fix the prongs as well as create a band to go with my ring. I have attached the sketch from Caysie and also the other band I was considering from Claire Kinder Barrett. Please pick one that you think would compliment my ring best! Thanks everyone!
Claire Kinder ring: 2 sides of baguettes (middle ring on the 2nd picture)
Caysie sketch: 3 sides of baguettes (3 on each side)
For reference: A pic of ring is also attached

_33370.jpg

_33371.jpg

_33372.jpg

lkredhat

Rough_Rock
I like baguette bands, but have a concern: All the bands come to a raised point. From the photo, I am a little concerned they will rub against your center stone or its setting. (It's possible my eyes are playing tricks on me.) So my own tendency would be to go with a low band. Not sure if I'd curve it to fit against this stone or not.

Not the response you asked for, but that's what came to mind. Wish you luck with your choice!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I've thought about that as well! I think though because it's a bezel setting the stone is pretty well protected. Thanks!

santorini

Rough_Rock
I'm starting my first custom e-ring design (a modern vintage design), and this is exactly the type of wedding band I imagine with it. I'm partial to the look of the 2 sided baguettes, rather than the 3. I can't see the sketch, but the 2 sided one looks more feminine and pointed and I think I'd prefer that look.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
santorini|1439989139|3916348 said:
I'm starting my first custom e-ring design (a modern vintage design), and this is exactly the type of wedding band I imagine with it. I'm partial to the look of the 2 sided baguettes, rather than the 3. I can't see the sketch, but the 2 sided one looks more feminine and pointed and I think I'd prefer that look.

Thanks for looking! I have never seen 2 sided band before seeing the Claire Kinder Barrett design on the Cartbird NY website. She used to have an Etsy shop but closed it.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
can you go to somewhere to try on a bunch?

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I should, just not sure where. I don't have any local vintage jewelry stores near me.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one did you choose?! The suspense is killing me!! :mrgreen:
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results