shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographers...can''t decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking at several photographers'' websites and I even made a very detailed spreadsheet with all the important information regarding their packages, what they offer, etc. I''m discovering though that I''m not really comparing apples to apples and it''s getting frustrating. One might charge more for one thing but not as much for another. My head is swimming and I don''t know what to do to narrow it down. I''m going to call and make an appt. with them all eventually but my FI wants to make an A list and a B list. The problem is, I like them ALL and I can''t make two different lists. They all have the same documentary style, photojournalist, unassuming, creative way about them -- at least on their websites. My FI wants to see the people on the A list first and go to the B list only if we didn''t find THE ONE.

It would be easier to see who fits into our budget but as you may know, we don''t really have a budget for the photographer. My FI and I are planning on asking his parents if they''d be able to pay for the photographer since they wanted us to let them know what we needed.

Also, how do you know how long you need a photographer for? All I know is that we have the venue from early on our wedding day until 4:30. We don''t know what time our ceremony will be but we''re assuming around 10:30 or 11:00ish. I think dinner needs to be served by 1:30 if I remember correctly.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
When you meet with them, you may have an easier time deciding. You might click better with one than the other. Those other things will sort themselves out. You can usually negotiate packages if they include something you don''t want but not something you do.

As for time... tell them when your ceremony is, when the reception is, and ask for input. Generally you''ll want them there for a bit of the "getting ready" and you can often do pictures before the ceremony (doesn''t have to be both of you yet if you don''t want to) and then through the ceremony and into the reception. Not everyone wants the photographer through the end. It''s a good idea so you don''t miss anything, but if you are doing the grand exit, you can also skip it.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Are there shots that you like in some albums that others don''t offer or do you just like every photographers album? Usually if you can show the photographer you like the most some examples of the work that you want, they can cater to your wants (afterall, you are paying them!) But if you like the styles of all the photographers, I would narrow down by how flexible they are going to be with you and how you feel around them (don''t forget you will be getting dressed with the photographer hanging around..)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 3:15:31 PM
Author: Stephanie
Are there shots that you like in some albums that others don''t offer or do you just like every photographers album? Usually if you can show the photographer you like the most some examples of the work that you want, they can cater to your wants (afterall, you are paying them!) But if you like the styles of all the photographers, I would narrow down by how flexible they are going to be with you and how you feel around them (don''t forget you will be getting dressed with the photographer hanging around..)
Thanks Stephanie! I REALLY like all the photographers'' albums...that''s part of the problem. I know the photographers will spend time before the ceremony with me so I do need to think more about who (man vs. woman) I''ll feel comfortable hanging out with. I think this was mentioned in Musey''s thread about finding the right photographer. Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results