shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographer Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluej422

Rough_Rock
We''ve just started planning our wedding and have been a little taken aback by the cost of photgraphers in the bay area. Then we met someone really great who charges 1/3 to 1/2 as much as anyone else and whose photos seem great. She''s less experienced with wedding but has been doing it for a few years and is a professional photographer. She also has great refences and we really like her personality.

Everyone says not to skimp on a photographer, but FI and I are not big on photos and it would be great to save a few thousand if it''s not something we''re picky about. All we want are some nice pictures to print out for family and friends and just a few nice ones to keep for ourselves (no fancy album or anything). The problem is, I don''t know much about photography, so I''m not a great judge. Does someone mind looking at her portfolio online and letting me know what you think about her work. Its www.niemannphoto.com
http://www.niemannphoto.com

What do you guys think? Incidentially, I think she''s trustworthy, others on theknot have used her and her references are good, so it''s just a questions of how her work compares to a pricier photographer. Thanks so much for any help!

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
I checked out her work and it looks good! I searched other portfolios from other photographers and her work seems to be at the same level. good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Her stuff looks good! Go for it.

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
I think the photographer you initially posted about (niemann) is comparable to
http://www.meldodd.com/oldsite which is very nice! I think it all depends too on the style/look that you and your FI want. Colemanfoto seems to better capture the off-guard, unposed moments whereas niemann and meldodd have more posed shots, IMO. Hope that helps!

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
i''m a professional photographer, and i like the stuff she does. it''s well framed, and she has a nice mix of "posed" and candid shots. good choice.

bluej422

Rough_Rock
Yay! Thanks for looking and thanks for the input everyone. So glad to hear positive things from you guys too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results