shape
carat
color
clarity

Pet Finder (Animal Adoption)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Pet Finder is great resource for anyone who loves animals. It gives animals who need a home a chance to have the perfect owner find them and has other features as well. It links up to diffrent shelters acroos the country.
I am not trying to be preachy I just thought with so many animal lovers out there this might be a site of some intreast. Also you can get the magnets for your car to support awareness. I think they are about 5/6$.

rescueribbonmagnets.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I found my Elmo through petfinder--I love the magnets...thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to get one! My babies are all adopted...funny thing is, these cats all have such amazing and different personalities, I can''t *imagine* why anyone would give them up...how they could even live with themself! Well, LUCK ME!!!! Rescue pets are amazing pet! :)
36.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
A very good program! My two beagles were featured on there. I will have to get a magnet! Thanks!
21.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am glad I am not the only fan! I think adopting a pet is awsome, and having had a number of dogs who were previously unwanted the love you. Everyday you can see it in their eyes they are glad no one is hitting them, that you are petting, feeding and going for walks. It is so nice to be able to bring a sweet baby, or older angel home and make them part of your life.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Matatora, I will get a few magnets in the meantime to support this very worthwhile cause and plan on getting my next Bichon through them. There are so many that need a good home, so that''s what I plan to do.
12.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hey Miss Kaleigh. I belive you are in Penn correct? I live in NJ and the seeing eye dogs are trainde here in Morristown. Most make it through the program but they do have rejects. (An awful term IMO). Sometimes there is a waiting list for these dogs and sometimes they cannot find them homes. This might be another good place to look they are wonderful well trained dogs, but some only want a puppy and they are usally 18mths-2 years.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Matatora, I don''t have to have a puppy at all. As a matter of fact I would prefer a dog that is a little bit older. That way they are house broken, etc.... Is there a link to them through Pet Finder???

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
ZIP or CITY, STATE/PROV will work for Canadians only if you enter POSTAL CODE. Otherwize search function is great.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Seeing Eye Dog Adoption gives great info. It is not cheap ( I think it is somewhere around 500$ but I am not 100%). They do this to make sure people are not using these dogs as fight dogs whcih happens when dogs are given away for free or little money.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I love Petfinder. That''s how I found, and adopted, my baby Meadow.

Meddy1.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting that link Matatora!!! When we get back from our honeymoon we are going to get a doggy and i want to "save" one! At my old job i used to make ads for the local SPCA. It broke my heart to look at the doggies and kitties every week wondering how they ended up there. The only thing that kept me from adopting them all (and my mother killing me) was that they were a no-kill shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results