shape
carat
color
clarity

Personal Shopping Services: Have you tried them?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried Stitch Fix or Trunk Club or any other personal shopping service? If so, what was your experience?

I've been trying Stitch Fix. The first two fixes were terrible. I had to call and complain. They were very accommodating, refunded my styling fee and gave me a free fix. I had to specifically ask (several times) that they refer to my fashion board on Pinterest to understand my personal style. I have a fix arriving today and it looks like they may have gotten it right!! I will probably keep this stylist!

The reason why I want to use these services is because I can't seem to put together the looks I love. I go shopping and seem to buy the same old things. I'm excited to see what else might come in the mail.

I might try Trunk Club next. I hear they are quite a bit more expensive.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Not online, but I worked with specific sales associates who basically did the shopping for me. They recommended pieces and looks, and because I'd worked with them a while, they knew what was already in my closet and what I need.

I really like it because I don't particularly enjoy shopping. It's an incredible convenience to be able to call and have items waiting for me in a dressing room when I arrive. They also send me items to try on at home; I just send back what I don't want.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried Stitch Fix first. My first trunk was great and I was so excited because I have a curvy/athletic figure that can be hard to fit and have a hard time assembling outfits in person (I can do it great online, but in stores I freeze for some reason). My next FOUR fixes sucked, no matter the direction I gave them, so I canceled.

I set up Trunk Club for my BF as he wanted a complete overhaul of his style. We went to their D.C. location to do it in person and had a blast. Served champagne, laughed for hours, and walked out with a fantastic two-season wardrobe of high quality pieces. For Valentine's Day he gifted me a visit for myself and we had the same experience. Both times we showed up they had thoroughly looked at our Pinterest idea boards and preselected outfits based on that, plus additional options. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it if you can afford it.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm currently do both Stitch Fix and Trunk Club. I've had three fixes and two trunks. I ldo ike the Trunk Club model a bit better (more clothes, and one-on-one convos with a stylist) but so far my Fixes have been a much better match to my requested styles than Trunk Club. Sometimes when I see my TC stylist's picks I wonder if she is even listening to me, or looking at my boards at all. I may try changing stylists to see if that helps.

I don't see a significant difference in cost between the two, especially as each allows you to give guidelines as to what you prefer to spend. Both services are similarly priced. Do note that if you don't have a good Fix, they often will credit you the stylist fee towards another fix, but if you strike out with Trunk Club, you lose your stylist fee.

I've been doing it to build my wardrobe this spring and summer. I end up paying more for clothes through these services than if I were a regular, savvy shopper, and in the case of Stitch Fix I often think the clothes are overpriced. But it works well with my lifestyle, which is that I tend to keep a small capsule wardrobe and have a specific idea about the few items I need to add (like: new brown leather sandals, or a floral top). Then it's in their hands to find those items for me and I don't have to go from store to store looking. I will probably taper off once my closet becomes rounded out, and just do it for special occasions or new seasons :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.
I don't want anyone making shopping decisions for me, too personal.

I strongly dislike dealing with people I'd have to pay to do anything around the house.
I do everything myself; No maids, no gardeners, no contractors.
I'm very private, security conscious and introverted, not to mention a tightwad. :twisted:

The only times I'll pay someone to do something is when it's over my head, like cleaning out the main underground drain leaving the house, or tenting and fumigating the house for termites.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried stitch fix and kept a couple of items the first time. The second two fixes were so awful! I would never wear the junk they sent. And I also felt the clothes were low quality. Back to the stores I go. ..

Q

Queenie60

I tried stitch fix and kept a couple of items the first time. The second two fixes were so awful! I would never wear the junk they sent. And I also felt the clothes were low quality. Back to the stores I go. ..

Same. I tried stitch fix and did not like the quality of clothing. Back to Neiman Marcus on line!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results