shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot ring question

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there issues with setting a peridot in ring? Jeweler told me its too soft a stone for a ring

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often do you plan to wear it? I had mine set but I only wear it when I'm in matching clothes so it doesn't get a lot of wear. It looks to be in pristine condition and I haven't noticed any issues with it.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are there issues with setting a peridot in ring? Jeweler told me its too soft a stone for a ring

In general all coloured stones usually have to be worn with care other than sapphires and spinels which are sturdier. My peridot sparkles a lot because of a great cut. Haven’t noticed any scratch due to bumps or such but after a while I get my stones repolished anyway.

I suggest getting a jeweller who is used to setting lots of coloured stones and asking his advice on setting for your stone. Just in case your jeweller isn’t as used to it..

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, it would not be worn everyday but when matching with my outfits, I just didn't want to put money into it if it was going to be a problem.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an occasional wear ring (that should be taken care of gently and with care). I've had one set into a ring with care by a bench who is highly experienced in setting soft coloured stones.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Out of curiosity, did you ever end up buying a peridot?

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be afraid of putting a peridot in a ring, as long as it isn't an everyday piece. I have a pretty minty peridot in a ring that I've worn for years with no significant wear. Probably wear it a few days per month, so it definitely isn't an everyday piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results