shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant bigger than RHR?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends! :wavey:

I'm having a solitaire pendant and a 3 stone RHR made. The pendant is going to be a 1.2 ct OEC in a simple fixed martini. The 3 stone RHR will either be a .80 point OEC 5.5mm diamond center with 4.5mm ruby sides, or a 4.5mm ruby center with smaller diamond sides. Will it look goofy if my pendant is bigger than my RHR?

I could flip the stones and use the .80 for the pendant and the 1.2 for the RHR, but I'm kind of excited for a blingy everyday pendant. I also kind of like smaller rings. I have a size 5 finger and wear a lot of dainty rings (think a single stacking ring), and I like the look. I have the .80 in a halo pendant now. What do you think? It is goofy to have a big pendant and smaller rings? Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends! :wavey:

I'm having a solitaire pendant and a 3 stone RHR made. The pendant is going to be a 1.2 ct OEC in a simple fixed martini. The 3 stone RHR will either be a .80 point OEC 5.5mm diamond center with 4.5mm ruby sides, or a 4.5mm ruby center with smaller diamond sides. Will it look goofy if my pendant is bigger than my RHR?

I could flip the stones and use the .80 for the pendant and the 1.2 for the RHR, but I'm kind of excited for a blingy everyday pendant. I also kind of like smaller rings. I have a size 5 finger and wear a lot of dainty rings (think a single stacking ring), and I like the look. I have the .80 in a halo pendant now. What do you think? It is goofy to have a big pendant and smaller rings? Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

I think having a larger pendant makes more sense. It will really show more around your neck!
It’s really up to you, since the pendant will only be enjoyed by you, while looking at your reflection, unless you wear a longer chain.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer a bigger ring and smaller pendant. A pendant is so far away that a .80 or 1.2 is not going to make that much difference so far away.

But a .80 vs a 1.2 will make a difference on the finger. I like big bling on the finger and think it will look gorgeous on you.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the ring.
Only because that way you can enjoy it more yourself. A pendant requires standing in front of mirrors and you know, “people might talk”:kiss2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the ring.
Only because that way you can enjoy it more yourself. A pendant requires standing in front of mirrors and you know, “people might talk”:kiss2:

Ditto :wavey:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
;)2I don't think it would look goofy to have a smaller ring and larger pendant, especially if you like smaller rings.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Matthews--that's kind of what I was thinking too!

Miki--do you really think the 4mm won't make a difference on the neck? I've never had a solitaire diamond pendant before.

Bron, TMT, and September--shoot! I have a nagging doubt...

Luce, thank you!

So, it looks like 3 for bigger ring, 2 for bigger pendant. So close to a tie!! What to do??

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often do you think you’d wear each piece?

I have several RHRs but because of my lifestyle (and the fact that I’m right handed, so they somehow “get in the way” all the time) I hardly wear them. My pendant is round my neck much more often!

I vote pendant (just to confuse the issue more!).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should do it the way you want(I dont think it would be silly to do it either way).

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would pick the prettiest diamond for the ring, regardless of the size. If they are both equally beautiful than I don't think which you put in the ring or pendant matters based on size. Since you like dainty rings, I might tell you to use the smaller in the ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do the bigger pendant, you will wear it more often.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think I would pick the prettiest diamond for the ring, regardless of the size. If they are both equally beautiful than I don't think which you put in the ring or pendant matters based on size. Since you like dainty rings, I might tell you to use the smaller in the ring.

Interesting idea! You’re right—I think the .8 is actually a nicer diamond, which is why I think I subconsciously wanted it for the ring. That is a great point to consider.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do the bigger pendant, you will wear it more often.
Very true April Baby! I do take off my rings sometimes but almost never take off my pendant except to clean it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
How often do you think you’d wear each piece?

I have several RHRs but because of my lifestyle (and the fact that I’m right handed, so they somehow “get in the way” all the time) I hardly wear them. My pendant is round my neck much more often!

I vote pendant (just to confuse the issue more!).

Good point, thank you! Ditto for what I said to AB; I almost never take off my pendant except to put it in the ultrasonic. Makes sense to maximize the piece I wear more. Thank you!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think you should do it the way you want(I dont think it would be silly to do it either way).
Thank you!! I appreciate that. I’m usually fine to go off beat/try a new style, but for such a commitment (getting a custom setting, etc) I just don’t want to blow $$ taking a risk and then needing to change it later.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If there is a hard and fast rule I don't know it.

If there is one...then break it! Do what you want!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said you prefer dainty rings. The .80 is not small, and in combination with other stones, will have a nice presence on your hand. I vote to put the bigger one in a pendant.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
HI:

If there is a hard and fast rule I don't know it.

If there is one...then break it! Do what you want!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

I like your style! ;-) Can't wait to post them! :dance:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
You said you prefer dainty rings. The .80 is not small, and in combination with other stones, will have a nice presence on your hand. I vote to put the bigger one in a pendant.

Nice, thank you! Agreed, .80 isn't really 'small' and looks great on my hand. One of my first self-purchased CS pieces was a 4.7mm Barry Bridgestock ruby ring, and I adored it until I lost it. And a three-stone (5.5mm center and 4.5mm sides) is more finger to finger coverage than I've ever had--most of my rings are solitaires or pave/small side stones.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bigger pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results