shape
carat
color
clarity

Peloton Indoor Exercise Bike

Q

Queenie60

Does anyone have a Peloton Indoor Exercise Bike? If so, please tell me what you think about it. Pros and cons - as I'm considering purchasing one.

Thank you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Q

Queenie60

Thank you PB - after checking Costco and thoroughly researching, I'm going to purchase from Costco. I appreciate your insight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw one a few years ago at the Short Hills Mall and it was intriguing and looked like fun and we got to meet the CEO. He was very nice and very young. But to us everyone seems young.:lol:

Our brother in law has one and he likes it. I don't have any details however.

Here are some reviews fyi.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/health/peloton.html

I don't think Costco has one however so it looks like you have decided against purchasing the Peloton bike.

FWIW I like the inexpensive recumbent Schwinn exercise bike I purchased after I broke my leg when my surgeon gave me the OK for light indoor bicycling activity. I got it from Amazon in 2 days and after 14 weeks of being completely immobile started on the road to recovery.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4LEEXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a few months later we purchased another one for my parents who love it.

Great bang for the buck IMO and super easy to put together and we still have it and occasionally use it if we are not exercising outdoors and if I am not using my Cybex arc trainer for that day for some reason.

Good luck Queenie for whichever bike you decide on getting and let us know what your thoughts are if you purchase the Peloton.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL here's a photo for you. See? Not just for humans.:lol:

Bobby aka psycho kitty gets his aggressions out on the Schwinn recumbent trainer I mentioned in the above post. Work it Bobby work it.:!:
bobbycyclingnot.jpeg

and just to give equal time to the rest of our furry crew...

Fred prefers Pilates to stretch his limbs and give him strength as he is aging. Very sensible of him.

fredworkingout.jpg

HRH keeps her girlish figure through middle age by her treadmill workouts. You go girl.:appl:
francescaworkingouttokeephercutefigure.jpg

and lastly Sir Tommy after a challenging workout. He gives everything he has to everything he does. Intense workouts and intense recovery relaxation. He is one tough kitty. :kiss2:

tommyrelaxing.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Missy. Yes, I've done extensive research - decided on the Life Fitness Lifecycle GX from Costco at $1499.00; can download the Peloton app on my ipad and have the same classes, etc. that show on the Peloton big screen. After purchasing a mat and ipad mount, I'm into this commercial grade bike for about $1700 including tax. Subscription to Peloton app is $12 per month. The Peloton sucks you in for about $3800 with accessories, it's a standard non commercial grade bike and you're paying for the large screen. And, you're not able to access anything but their Peloton classes which costs a steep $48 per month subscription. My solution is much more economical and just as efficient. I'm a spin cycle addict however with working part time and winter coming on, it's more difficult to make the scheduled classes and this is a simple and great solution for my lifestyle. I can do a 6 am 45 minute ride and make it to work by 8:30!!! best of both worlds. And, your cats are beautiful!!!

P

PierreBear

I don't know much about the Peloton bike but our gym has Keiser bikes. I'm sure there are pros and cons to both but I'll share what I do like about bikes since I do a fair amount of spinning indoors and cycling outside. Just wanted to share in case it is helpful in some way.

- pedals that you can clip in and wear bike shoes
- shows you watts (power that you put out)
- shows you cadence (your revolution moving the wheel)
- allows you to change the gear/resistance
- at the end of the ride, shows you the average watts
- comfortable bike saddle!!! so you don't have to wear bike shorts for short rides. : )

Good luck cycling and have fun! I believe my cousin does those Peloton apps and has a great time doing it!

Q

Queenie60

I don't know much about the Peloton bike but our gym has Keiser bikes. I'm sure there are pros and cons to both but I'll share what I do like about bikes since I do a fair amount of spinning indoors and cycling outside. Just wanted to share in case it is helpful in some way.

- pedals that you can clip in and wear bike shoes
- shows you watts (power that you put out)
- shows you cadence (your revolution moving the wheel)
- allows you to change the gear/resistance
- at the end of the ride, shows you the average watts
- comfortable bike saddle!!! so you don't have to wear bike shorts for short rides. : )

Good luck cycling and have fun! I believe my cousin does those Peloton apps and has a great time doing it!
Thank you PierreBear - check on all listed above. I'm excited to receive my indoor bike and if I had it now I would be riding rather than responding to your message!!! I have the mat, the shoes with the cleats and now I just want my bike! Peloton app is pretty cool. The Keiser bikes are more expensive than the GX that I purchased. I also looked into the Schwinn. I want the belt rather than the chain (less maintenance and quite) and I want magnetic resistance. I'll update this thread once I've taken a few rides on my new spin bike. So exciting!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 I would be interested in your review and how well this works. I was thinking of doing the same thing, finding a less expensive bike. I am a newbie to this, but I've really loved the classes I've taken and find it great exercise for a cardio hater. I feel like I would like it if I could choose my time like this. I would prefer Costco as the customer service is so good and a much better price! I could buy an iPad even and still come out way better!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results