canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tin cup

pc151843.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catherine Cardelli pond slime and souffle on 14K gold chain....

pc151826.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
white background

pc151828.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
white background

pc151827.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36 inch Links of London. 18K. Have the matching earrings. Love this set.

pc151829.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new bracelet. just posted elsewhere.

_2396.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1355604483|3332226 said:
Oh, my! Those Sea of Cortez-Kasumis are totally awesome! Wow! :love:

Great choice, and I see that they are going to go wonderfully with your pearl necklaces. :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1355606641|3332252 said:
canuk-gal|1355604483|3332226 said:
Oh, my! Those Sea of Cortez-Kasumis are totally awesome! Wow! :love:

Great choice, and I see that they are going to go wonderfully with your pearl necklaces. :cheeky:

HI:

It's true!!! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of them are gorgeous, Sharon!!! I especially love that Links of London one and the souffle chain since I am looking for some long necklaces!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1355607803|3332265 said:
All of them are gorgeous, Sharon!!! I especially love that Links of London one and the souffle chain since I am looking for some long necklaces!
HI:

Yes, the L of L is my fav. I can wear it many ways--even wrapped three times around my neck.

The souffle pearls from CC were loose and I had them strung with 14K gold. The pearls are spaced with 1/2 inch of fine cable chain between for a total of 36 inches: and the short tin cup necklaces have one inch of the same type of chain between them for a total of 16 inches.

I thought I posted a pictures of my 18K gold and coin pearl necklace from Flica. Hmmm.

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Stunning collection! I especially love the Links of London strand.

Also don't I remember that you have a high school aged son? And yet perfect skin with nary a crease? Please share your secrets!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1355608533|3332271 said:

Also don't I remember that you have a high school aged son? And yet perfect skin with nary a crease? Please share your secrets!!

Rosebloom--you just made my YEAR! ThaNK YOU! Oh my god....I am thinking I look so old.....perhaps I just showed you the right side!
That was a very kind thing to say! :))

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1355607803|3332265 said:

HI DS:

I meant to say that the chain on the L of L is very fine and tangles so easily it is frustrating. I do not have the same issues with the heavier guages in the other chains.

Moreover, the L of L has the chain right through the pearls whereas the other necklaces--all made from the same bench--have a bar thru the pearl and the chain attached to a loop on the end of the bar.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the collection; love the earrings on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1355611064|3332294 said:
love the collection; love the earrings on you!

Thanks MZ! I have a few golden, white and other SS baubles not shown: and although I do love high carat gold, pearls do hold a large place in my heart!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon- what a gorgeous collection! And I 100% agree with Rosebloom- you look beautiful and your skin is flawless! You are beautiful on the inside and out! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1355618146|3332360 said:
Sharon- what a gorgeous collection! And I 100% agree with Rosebloom- you look beautiful and your skin is flawless! You are beautiful on the inside and out! :appl:

Oh MIssy! :halo: Here is my hand...you are light....... :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1355609883|3332286 said:
I meant to say that the chain on the L of L is very fine and tangles so easily it is frustrating. I do not have the same issues with the heavier guages in the other chains.

Moreover, the L of L has the chain right through the pearls whereas the other necklaces--all made from the same bench--have a bar thru the pearl and the chain attached to a loop on the end of the bar.

cheers--Sharon

Loving all of the chain necklaces :love:. So pretty.

Is there a difference between the 2 methods - bar vs chain thru pearl? I've been thinking about getting a long tincup style necklace and would love to get more info on the best way of putting them together.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1355619746|3332370 said:
canuk-gal|1355609883|3332286 said:

cheers--Sharon

Loving all of the chain necklaces :love:. So pretty.

Is there a difference between the 2 methods - bar vs chain thru pearl? I've been thinking about getting a long tincup style necklace and would love to get more info on the best way of putting them together.

HI:

BabyM..I don't know if there is any added value or the difference between the methods.....the L of L pearls are rather small and perhaps drilling the slightly larger holes in the pearls with very fine curb chain threaded through is cost effective for them. But I paid retail prices. And there are additional gold designs in the chain.

That said, the other necklaces I had made and the custom configurations were not inexpensive either--smaller holes, but required more work b/c of the thin gold wire between the pearls to link the chain...especially for the unusually shaped pearls like the souffle...nonetheless it was worth it. I could wear these pieces everyday--the colors pick up everything....and I dress up them and down. I adore them, and they are admired!

I see that Pearl Paradise has great prices for their tin cup styles, but I bought the pearls seperate and had those white and black necklaces made several years ago...before PS, etc. The souffle pearls from CC were loose, and strung/custom with the 14K gold, within the the last two years.

Good luck!

cheer--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is good to know about the chain issues. I would want a chain that was a little more substantial for a 30"+ necklace, if possible. I really like how your custom made ones were done with the post through the pearls.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Your earrings are just stunning my friend and I can't wait to see them. A wonderful addition to your already sublime collection. I remember you wearing those tin cup strands to lunch at Mercato. Looked amazing with your little black Gucci (?) dress. I don't doubt that you look equally amazing in your new earrings. Just make sure they have very secure backs when I'm around!

And to all reading, I can also attest to nary a line or a wrinkle. Dunno how she does it, but she does it and she does it in style!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The pond slimes show so much better on the wrist I think!!

_2410.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is lovely!! Hard to pick a favorite as they are all beautiful.

I'm working on a long tin cup right now with the souffle pearls I just purchased and am wondering if you have any idea of the mm size of the chain your jeweler used? I had to send one tin cup back I just received as the chain was soooo thin- it was tangled even when I opened the box and took me over an hour to carefully untangle it!! As it was going to be a gift to my sister, I knew she would not wear something that tangled so easily. I think the longer necklaces need a more substantial chain. Also- are you saying your jeweler made a thin gold wire bar with tiny jump rings on either side to connect the pearls? - or was it wire wrapped like PP does? I can't quite tell from your photos. When I looked at the Mikimoto tin cups it looks like they glue the little eyepins in either end of the pearls to connect their chains. I'm trying to make mine in rose gold, but it's really hard to find much in the way of findings.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
They don't look bad round your neck either!!

_2411.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
Rosebloom|1355608533|3332271 said:

Rosebloom--you just made my YEAR! ThaNK YOU! Oh my god....I am thinking I look so old.....perhaps I just showed you the right side!
That was a very kind thing to say! :))

cheers--Sharon
Well it is absolutely true. And I'm not going to thread jack this anymore - the focus should be on your outstanding collection - but I'm starting a thread in hang out right now because I really do want to know your regimen! You look spectacular!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1355655421|3332560 said:
Your collection is lovely!! Hard to pick a favorite as they are all beautiful.

I'm working on a long tin cup right now with the souffle pearls I just purchased and am wondering if you have any idea of the mm size of the chain your jeweler used? I had to send one tin cup back I just received as the chain was soooo thin- it was tangled even when I opened the box and took me over an hour to carefully untangle it!! As it was going to be a gift to my sister, I knew she would not wear something that tangled so easily. I think the longer necklaces need a more substantial chain. Also- are you saying your jeweler made a thin gold wire bar with tiny jump rings on either side to connect the pearls? - or was it wire wrapped like PP does? I can't quite tell from your photos. When I looked at the Mikimoto tin cups it looks like they glue the little eyepins in either end of the pearls to connect their chains. I'm trying to make mine in rose gold, but it's really hard to find much in the way of findings.

HI:

The wire is itself is curled in a small loop--no extra jump rings--so the chain atttaches at that junction. Sorry I do not know the guage of the chain--I never did ask and I am afraid I do not have any calipers. But I have the same tangling issue with my L of L chain because of the find nature of the chain. Even when I have it sectioned off in a small plastic bag, it still tangles!

Ther wire method prevents the pearls from moving of course--but that could be mitigated by using very small gold balls too (I suppose) and glue as you mentioned.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results