shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls , diamonds and 14K yellow gold

Dreamin_sqaw

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have a very beautiful Y necklace that is signed AV. Every where I search says it is an Alwand Vahan signature. I see a lot of his pieces online for sale and it shows this signature.
I contacted a Vahan jewelry dealer on line to ask about it. She loved the piece, hinted to purchase it, but when she found out I wasn't wanting to sale only wanting to know a:twisted2:er reasonable insurance value to put on it, she informed me that it was not a Vahan signature. Very rudely I may add.

Can anyone here help?
It has 72 pearls, beautiful diamonds, although they are small, and 14k gold.
I have no idea how to go about getting the diamond info as total karats. I don't want to remove them from the piece.
It's never been worn, extremely clean strand.

I am unable to load a photo. Says no memory. I'm lost on that as well. But I am hoping a link to the photo album may help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HLWYxxvghHsbScGr2

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A valuation for insurance is usually only valid from an independent valuer or expert. And paid for.

Dreamin_sqaw

Rough_Rock
Premium
Not looking for valuation. Just trying to identify the maker

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's not what you posted: 'I wasn't wanting to sale only wanting to know a:twisted2:er reasonable insurance value to put on it,'

Dreamin_sqaw

Rough_Rock
Premium
Now I understand.. Didn't mean to confuse ya. I was saying when I contacted a dealer to ask about insurance advise for it she informed me it wasn't a Vahan piece later into the conversation. . So I was asking if anyone here was familiar with this hallmark/signature.

Just want to confirm the maker.

Sorry for the confusion. I was tellin

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was not confused

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with Pearlescence. Go to a jeweler. No one can give you the diamond weight without measuring the stones. They don't have to be removed to do that.

Dreamin_sqaw

Rough_Rock
Premium
I apologize. I went back and read my post. And yes it does look like I was only wanting to know the value of the piece. Honestly I wasn't asking her that. I was trying to find out if that makers mark was indeed 's Vahan piece. With knowing the designer, I could research them to get info on the necklace.
I thought that to verify it's a Vahan who better to confirm if it is or is not better than someone who sales it everyday. I am just lost because this mark is being listed as Vahan makers mark, can find things on line (like eBay) and the marks are just like mine "AV" they sale it as Alwand Vahan. Would just like to learn about this necklace .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results