shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl watching in Manila

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And finally... my jewellery souvenirs. I only bought 2! Hubby was like "huh what happened?" cos he thought I would/should have gotten more. But fresh from my Hong Kong trip, I tried to be very selective. Good thing is that I am really pleased with both the necklace and earrings. :appl:

Peacock drops:

Here's the drop with my pastel-y stud from Hong Kong:

My cheapie choker with metallic white FWPs from PP and blue baroque akoya from Le Collier (Rakuten):

And my new drops with some of the other tahitans:

More of my pastel strand and studs from HK (including shots using the new shells :lol: ): [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pearls-from-hong-kong.191675/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pearls-from-hong-kong.191675/page-3[/URL]

img_1580.jpg

img_7972.jpg

img_7973.jpg

img_7970.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hey, sorry can't reply while posting cos was trying to keep track of which pics I have uploaded. Anyway that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed the journey and if you do go to Philippines/Manila, enjoy the shopping! Don't forget to buy the yummy dried mangoes from Cebu (pls buy only the 7D brand - loads of fake packaging that try to imitate 7D) and pearls. Some of the local labels/designers are quite good too. Manila has some really good malls!

mrs. taylor|1375979828|3499033 said:
My brain just exploded.

This really made me laugh and gave me strength to continue posting! Thanks!
Hope it exploded in a good way ya? Which part? Jewelmer or Greenhills?

bsomlo said:
I just can't imagine that many pearls in one place...

Thanks for the pearl reports, IFOM. It's been really fun reading and viewing!!! And your hubby sounds like a doll.

Hubby IS a doll. Can you imagine that he thought I should have bought more pearls? His first reaction was "why only 2?". :love:
This IFOM of yours has been going to the most interesting places ya? But think that's it for a while. I do like to stay at home...

As for the pearls, yeah. We (plus my colleagues) all got pearl fatigue, like all the stalls started to blur into each other. You can see from the pics how packed each stall is with pearls right? So multiple that by 100-plus stalls...

bsomlo said:
I would EAT those up!!! (The "normal" souvenirs, that is...).

Hahaha, ok I can imagine. They don't really suit my home and anyway I travel way too much for work so I tend to only buy food for folks back home else the clutter really accumulates.

bsomlo said:
I love those. They'd make great party favors.

True, and not expensive too. Would be great for a pearl party... Some of the shells are really pretty, but I just poked around cos I really really more distracted with getting earrings. :razz:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry...I'd answer but I'm drooling on myself right now.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, the Jewelmer pieces are extraordinary!!! I actually like their understated pieces best ~ like the ones in the photo with the wSS pearls and the tahitian strand ~ but that fish ring (koi?) is awfully cute :love: Great idea picking up the shells for photographing with pearls. Thanks so much for sharing :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1375985461|3499107 said:
I'm sorry...I'd answer but I'm drooling on myself right now.

LitGeek said:
Oh my, the Jewelmer pieces are extraordinary!!! I actually like their understated pieces best ~ like the ones in the photo with the wSS pearls and the tahitian strand ~ but that fish ring (koi?) is awfully cute :love: Great idea picking up the shells for photographing with pearls. Thanks so much for sharing :wavey:

The Jewelmer pieces are fantastic. Really really gorgeous deep goldens. If anyone visits Philippines, pls make Jewelmer a 'must go' on your itinerary. My pics don't show the captivating overtones that you can see IRL...

One day I really hope to go back and buy something. After seeing their pearls... I really don't know if I can bring myself to buy lesser SSPs. They are really quite something.

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
Hi! Icy Jade, I'm envious of your pearl haul.
Your collection pearls are really beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results