shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise - Tahitian Studs Quality

Greenmailer

Rough_Rock
All,

I am looking to purchase a pair of 10-11 mm Tahitian pearl studs for my wife (silver / gray body color, and with green or peacock overtones). I have had a few conversations with Pearl Paradise, and in general, have found them friendly and accommodating. I tried to visit with them on a recent business trip to Los Angeles, but as it was around Mother's Day weekend, they couldn't make the scheduling work. For those of you who have purchased AAA grade (I believe this may be all they have) Tahitians from them, have you been satisfied with the quality for the price? Any other purveyors for which you have a strong preference? I work right near the diamond district in Chicago and have access to Tahitians from there at a price point below Pearl Paradise, and they have a generally nice appearance with good luster and lightly blemished exteriors, but I certainly wouldn't describe them as top grade. Is Pearl Paradise a high enough step up from a typical quality B&M store to justify a difference in cost of about 50%? Also, any thoughts on how you decided on peacock versus green overtones, would likewise be welcome. My wife's favorite color is green (she has several emeralds that she very much enjoys), but I've always been entranced when I have seen peacock pearls. To the extent it matters, she has fair skin, dark hair, and brown eyes.

Thanks very much for the thoughts!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I was just there last weekend for the Pearl Guide Ruckus. They just got a large shipment of AA+-AAA pearls in. They were not light body, actually these were dark body Tahitians. Since PP is the largest internet pearl company they have a large selection in every price point and quality to choose from. Many of us have things we may want that are not in stock at any given time. Jeremy and Hisano have a shopping list when they go to Hong Kong and they shop for these items personally and fill the orders with hand selected pearls. They will be shopping again soon for the Christmas season, you may want to give them a call. Here is a photo of the pearls I just saw and selected my new pearl from. Jeremy was busy sorting when we stopped by. As for the price? I find Pearl Paradise actually less expensive than any brick an mortar and certainly less than Mikimoto which is the closest vendor for the grade of pearls I usually buy as a example.

IMG_8131.JPG IMG_8137.JPG IMG_8144.JPG

Last edited:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Those pearls are amazing NacreLover.

OP, yes I recommend PP. If you email Erin with your requirements, I'm sure she will be happy to pick a few pairs (both green and peacock) and send you photos to assist with your decision.

I love peacock for the interesting colour play but extremely green pearls are also stunning. I have and love both colours. Also peacock pearls can look muddy against some complexions, it just depends.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Try The Pearl Source. I had a great experience with them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results