shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise sizes... are they all so huge?!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I was browsing Pearl Paradise’s website for Cyber Monday deals. All of their pearls are 9mm+.... that’s just huge! I was hoping to find something smaller, heck even half that size. But it seems that all their pearls are 9mm or larger. Is this normal for them, and do they carry any smaller pearls?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing Pearl Paradise’s website for Cyber Monday deals. All of their pearls are 9mm+.... that’s just huge! I was hoping to find something smaller, heck even half that size. But it seems that all their pearls are 9mm or larger. Is this normal for them, and do they carry any smaller pearls?

Yes they carry smaller pearls, however, probably not as part of the sale.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i like small pearls too
not that i don't dream of Wilma Flintstone's :mrgreen2: :lol-2::appl:
but my grandma had a beautiful at least opera length of much smaller pearls - possobly seed pearls ??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

you should probably drop them an email and ask

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends what sort of pearls you are after? They often have their Freshadama range in smaller sizes, though I’ve noticed they don’t always have everything available on their site. Maybe they’re not in stock at present? I think they have a huge inventory, no harm in asking, although as mentioned, you might not get sale prices.

Edit- they do have akoya and freshwater pearls as small as 6.5-7.0mm. South Sea and Tahitian pearls are pretty much always larger than this, unlikely to be less than 8mm

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I don't think I've ever seen anything as small as 4.5mm on their site (half of 9mm as you mentioned), but they definitely carry pearls smaller than 9mm. I would call (not email-they have been taking a long time to respond during the sale/holiday season-at least, that was my experience) to see what they have in stock.

Edited to add that everything is 25% off sitewide (the discount will show in your cart) except for the Daily Deals, which are already discounted.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just checked the site and the only types of pearls I see with hardly anything below 9mm are the Tahitian and South Sea pearls. If those are the types you're looking at, yes they usually do come in larger sizes, not so many in the smaller sized. The smaller sized pearls are more often akoyas and freshwaters. That's just the nature of the types of pearls though, not Pearl Paradise specifically.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Echo the above. there are definitely smaller sizes available but you just may be looking at a variety of pearl that does not come in a small size.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of pearls are you looking for?
Their akoyas start at 6.5mm. Strands, studs, etc.
The Tahitians will never be smaller than 8mm, because the nucleus used to farm Tahitians is no smaller than 6-7mm, or so I've read.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I was just browsing. I love the look of small pears for everyday wear, and I especially love their gold and pink pears. But 9mm is huge for everyday wear, especially since a lot of my work is done in warehouses :lol-2: Wouldn't that look goofy.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think of 9mm pearls as just about right for everyday wear, not huge. But to each their own...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think of 9mm pearls as just about right for everyday wear, not huge. But to each their own...

i agree but there is just something about small pearls that make my heart and my eyes sing

Thanks everyone! I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I was just browsing. I love the look of small pears for everyday wear, and I especially love their gold and pink pears. But 9mm is huge for everyday wear, especially since a lot of my work is done in warehouses :lol-2: Wouldn't that look goofy.

So please keep us updated on your search because im intetested in getting some smaller pearls one day

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Will do, thank you! I know, I looooooove little seed pearls. They look so dainty and delicate!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I had a big meeting at 9AM the other day. I tried a blue button up shirt with pearls. I tried on the 9+mm blue Akoya and it was just too much at 9AM. However, the old vintage Akoya were much more appropriate pre coffee. Afternoon, I would have worn the blue Akoya, but I can see the need for choices. Tiaras are also better after 10 am. :)

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What kind of pearls are you looking for?
Their akoyas start at 6.5mm. Strands, studs, etc.
The Tahitians will never be smaller than 8mm, because the nucleus used to farm Tahitians is no smaller than 6-7mm, or so I've read.

There are 6mm Tahitians, the product of one farm. His whole production sells quickly. There are plenty of tiny pearls out there.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

I'm a sign language interpreter who spends a lot of my time in dirty, stinky warehouses. Plus I'm in all black. 9mm are not for every day wear for me, it's actually against industry for us to even wear jewelry

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results