shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl necklace organizer

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
How do you store your pearl necklaces? I bought this one: Organizer but even the 10-11mm strands wont bend enough to fit in any of the slots, aside from the lower middle one that's about 3" wide. Has anyone seen trays with deep + wide sections where pearls can coil into, that are stackable?

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I store all inventory in multiple Caroline WOLF boxes, because of the nice quality material and lots of differing compartments (and the ability to conveniently carry it). And it's covered, which is important. It's more of a drawer style, but I guess that counts as stackable?

That's a not very inexpensive option, but it works well -- those types of trays are useful. They can fit a 10-12 strand with a little bit of bending, and smaller pearls can be folded to half length and can fit two in one compartment (or place them spiral style in a square compartment).

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I guess my issue is with the bending, as I don't really want them to stretch out too much. Would love to find some drawers or trays with just 5x4" sections.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stomach bending my strands either. And I don't like hard-sided and component boxes - they waste sooo much space.

This is what I do -

5A5B0469-A017-482C-A804-2D8D785FD9B2.jpeg
548E6CC1-A4F9-47A0-B9EE-5B61060E1F62.jpeg

Leatherology medium jewellery cases (you can usually trawl 15% or 10% off coupons online):
https://www.leatherology.com/medium-jewelry-organizer-purple-leather-lavender/

And I wrap the clasps in double-sided velvet:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZKQRLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One microfiber cloth between each strand. Keeps everything separate, the pearls don't rattle around as long as the box is reasonably full, no unnatural bending or twisting required, and nothing's airtight so the pearls can breathe... Easy to throw into the safe before heading out...

Downside is that you've got to go digging to find your strands. I don't mind that but I can definitely see how someone else would.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great ideas! I have a set of pearl necklace and bracelet that are just sitting in the original jewelry boxes they came in. I have had to bend the necklace to make it fit the box. So glad to see better options for pearl storage. I may just splurge on a new jewelry box so I can keep all my pieces together in one container... Gonna do some shopping now :D

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PXL_20210219_010124035.jpg

Got this off Amazon...I posted the link on another thread recenlty.

Apologies...I just realized that this is the same on you've already purchased...I usually know better than make quick replies on my phone. Unfortunately, it's the best solution I've found.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apologies...I just realized that this is the same on you've already purchased...I usually know better than make quick replies on my phone. Unfortunately, it's the best solution I've found.

I have this on my wish list next time i do an Amazon order (our exchange rate idn't great at the moment) so thanks heaps for showing us again

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

I wish the dividers were removable, because it is perfect otherwise! maybe I can take an exacto knife and cut out a few and make the sections wider...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Makeshift pearl bracelet holder, using ring trays! Also good as a diamond tray. Those 7 oec diamonds are going into a 6.55 ctw bangle, all GIA J-K. Every single bracelet is 1-2 pearls too long so they'll fit in that tray perfectly once i re-string.
diamond & pearls 2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Although to be completely honest, the diamond bangle doesn't excite me as much as those pearl bracelets. I have a few more and should fill up the tray by next week. More pics with 2 additional oecs. Think i'm going with 7 stones instead of 9, we'll see how CADs look.

diamond & pearls 4.jpg diamond & pearls 3.jpg diamond & pearls.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve got a bad case of pearl fever, much worse than I thought, if your how-long-now OEC project is taking second stand :lol:

It does fade though. I promise. Forget dying - that OEC lineup is something else... :geek:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
@yssie The 7 range from 0.81 to 1.08ct all GIA J-K. The 8th and 9th stones are .65 each if they need to go into lineup but I don't think they'll fit. I've plucked sooooo many diamonds out of old solitaires to match them up, each pair flanking the center are perfectly matched in pattern, color, and dimensions. LOL i'm nuts. You can see two still in rings that didn't make the cut, but the bigger in solitaire is a perfect match for a 1.26 GIA K so i'm making another 3 stone with my 2.04 K. What? another? yeah i said i'm nuts, did i? :wall::lol: It'll be a completely different style though!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matching OECs is a truly devilish task. I did it for just two stones several years ago and that was more than enough for me!! It took so much time. Buying, returning, buying, repurposing, buying returning... I seriously can’t imagine matching seven in different sizes. That’s a labour of years.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... Next time you’re in NY... You maybe wanna take a grade guess at a couple - hmm, okay, couple dozen - stones? Asking for, um, a friend... :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay okay back to pearls :shifty:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So... Next time you’re in NY... You maybe wanna take a grade guess at a couple - hmm, okay, couple dozen - stones? Asking for, um, a friend... :lol:
Haha, sure!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
❤️

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I can't stomach bending my strands either. And I don't like hard-sided and component boxes - they waste sooo much space.

This is what I do -

5A5B0469-A017-482C-A804-2D8D785FD9B2.jpeg
548E6CC1-A4F9-47A0-B9EE-5B61060E1F62.jpeg

Leatherology medium jewellery cases (you can usually trawl 15% or 10% off coupons online):
https://www.leatherology.com/medium-jewelry-organizer-purple-leather-lavender/

And I wrap the clasps in double-sided velvet:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZKQRLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One microfiber cloth between each strand. Keeps everything separate, the pearls don't rattle around as long as the box is reasonably full, no unnatural bending or twisting required, and nothing's airtight so the pearls can breathe... Easy to throw into the safe before heading out...

Downside is that you've got to go digging to find your strands. I don't mind that but I can definitely see how someone else would.

Can you tell me how you keep the velvet "tube" shut over the clasp? thanks...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell me how you keep the velvet "tube" shut over the clasp? thanks...

It actually just kind of sticks to itself, very loosely - the double sided velvet has *just* enough pile to not slide around. I’ve tried a couple other brands, I think this one works best for this! Another fun option is ribbon that’s hollow the middle but then you’ve got to finish the edges - too much work for me ::)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
It actually just kind of sticks to itself, very loosely - the double sided velvet has *just* enough pile to not slide around. I’ve tried a couple other brands, I think this one works best for this! Another fun option is ribbon that’s hollow the middle but then you’ve got to finish the edges - too much work for me ::)

thank you! I love your method of storing and keeping the bracelets safe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results