shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl necklace gift help!!

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
hi pearl forum members--i'm thinking of getting my daughter (33 years old) a cultured pearl necklace for christmas to replace one she has had restrung several times, and would like the help of the experts on this forum. i'm interested in a classic strand of pearls that are 18" in length, probably in the 6-7 mm size. i know many of you shop at pearl paradise (other vendors are welcome too) but i was hoping somebody could point me to a nice strand, that is not going to break the bank.
thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!
debbie

SB621

Ideal_Rock

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1290130759|2772310 said:
When you say classic i know you mean white pearls, but I wanted to give you another option too. So here are two strands from Catherine Cardellini.

Here is one that is larger and more pastel in color
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=436

Here is another strand that does fit your criteria also from CC that I really like.

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=805

You beat me to it Sarah! I'm sorry I'm just not a round, white, pearl person. I have some, but don't wear them.

But I know, some people love the classics, and that's what makes pearls so fun! A million different styles, colors, sizes, shapes, lusters, etc., something for everyone! It's great! When I was growing up, it was round white ones. We were all thrilled when the little Biwa Rice Krispies came out. But now, such diverse beauty! . . . :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
sarahbear thanks for the link--those are beautiful, however my daughter is a lawyer in nyc and wears her pearls everyday and i think she prefers a cultured pearl strand, being in a somewhat conservative profession. i've seen a few necklaces on the pearl paradise website but am not really sure about buying them sight unseen. has anyone purchased from them and could you tell me if you were pleased?

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Pearl Paradise is owned by Jeremy Shepherd. His brother owns Pearl Outlet and they have beautiful pearls at a "everyday" price for most of us.

I have ordered from both and PP has top of the line strands but look to PO to acquire pearls at a price that I can usually fit into my meager budget.

I don't know your budget, and maybe this is too low for you but here is a pretty set of 7.5 freshwaters:

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?command=createProcurement&supplierID=490&commodityID=4173&searchIndex=9

Here are some beautiful Akoyas that are also reasonable:

http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=36638&command=cp&supplierID=490

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask what your budget is? I would consider a lovely akoya from PP. They are considered "classic" of all pearls IMO. Call them and have them hand select a strand for you. They will take pics of it to meet your approval. The freshadamas are something to consider too. Another website that I was pleased with is Premium Pearl. I got my 10-11mm South Sea pearl studs from them and they are just gorgeous for the price I paid for them. They also hand selected them for me too!

ETA: I wouldn't sneeze at the Catherine Cardellini strands either. I am sure they will be sold after they have been posted on here! :bigsmile:

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
thanks, jmtomaui, i really like the second strand you posted, i think those would work for her, they're beautiful. and i agree with you cushioncutnut about the akoyas, they are classic-- my favorite, i think i'll give PP a call too. thanks.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If your sister is in NYC, you may want something a little more daring. Baroque tahitians are very big right now up there, very fashionable. Ringed drip pearls are hot too.

But you can never go wrong with classic white rounds, they're timeless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results