shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl drops & 'Eclipse' hoops from Annoushka

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a pair of detachable drops and hoop earrings from the UK brand, Annoushka. I know that others on here have also admired the Duchess of Cambridge's Annoushka drops so I wanted to share a few real-life photos. :)

So.. with the current weak pound to dollar exchange rate, it turned out there was about a 30% discount on this. Annoushka also recently raised their prices on 24 October, so I decided to go ahead and order them just before the price increase. They offer free Fedex shipping worldwide. I ordered on a Friday, and the earrings arrived on Monday morning via Fedex. Completely easy and hassle-free ordering. The package came very well presented, with a shopping bag with crepe/tissue paper, a catalog, and a pretty gold box (with ribbon) that contained the actual black jewelry box with the earrings. There were 2 boxes, one for the hoops and one for the drops. All very gorgeous and impressive.

I got the Eclipse fine hoop earrings (http://www.annoushka.com/uk/eclipse-fine-hoop-earrings-7e2fda.html) and the detachable baroque freshwater pearl drops (http://www.annoushka.com/uk/classic-baroque-pearl-earring-drops.html). I originally considered to get the actual hoops that Kate Middleton wears (from Kiki McDonough) but I found I liked the curved look of the Annoushka hoops better. Also, Kiki charges for international shipping and it ended up being cheaper to order both the hoops and drops from Annoushka. I also liked that the Eclipse hoops use brown diamonds whereas all the other hoops I saw on Kiki's site, WF, etc. used white diamonds. I preferred the understated effect of brown diamonds in yellow gold as I didn't really like the slightly dated look of white diamonds in yellow gold hoops.

Overall, I love these earrings. I know they're not top quality diamonds or pearls. I know I'm paying a premium for the brand name, but I love the subtle and classic look they have on the ear. I am planning to get some more drops (not from Annoushka) to add to my collection now.. :naughty:

Hope this is helpful to those of you interested in the Kate Middleton earrings! :)

rps20161026_224748.jpg 20161030_095551_0.jpg 20161030_095634_0.jpg box_3.jpg 20161030_095346.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing and they look lovely on you!

What are the quality of the diamonds - are they sparkly? Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very nice on you, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
These are great! Diamond huggies are on my wish list but I haven't pulled the trigger mostly because I'm a studs girl at heart. I have two pairs of pearl drop earrings, they are lovely but I just don't wear them very often!

I'm excited to see your drop collection expand! If there are particular pearls you have in mind most vendors will be happy to set them on small eye pins for you. I can totally see your hoops paired with some metallics or SSP. And gemstone drops!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DK and Siameseroo :D I'm really enjoying them. I found they're good for both casual and work looks!

yingh|1477929185|4092320 said:
Thanks for sharing and they look lovely on you!

What are the quality of the diamonds - are they sparkly? Thanks!

Thanks yingh. I wasn't expecting too much for the diamonds, as 1) they are brown diamonds and 2) Annoushka is a 'brand' name. So I wasn't expecting PS quality diamonds. They don't really sparkle in the same way as white diamonds and definitely not blingy like PS quality, they are more subtle looking, but I was surprised how much I liked how the hoops and drops went together. In this case for me it's more about the overall look and effect than the diamond quality or sparkle. If you want sparkly hoops I think it may be better to get huggies from a PS vendor and then get the pearl drops separately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results