shape
carat
color
clarity

Pawn shop finds!! So excited :)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a semi-local pawn shop a couple of days ago, and found two AMAZING pieces. I don't have any pics yet (I know, I know, this is the SHOW me the bling forum) but they are filthy! It's taken forever to get them remotely clean. I'll be taking them to a local jeweler to have them cleaned. Anyway.

First piece is (I'm pretty sure) an old european cut ring. I'm so excited!! It's in a terrible setting, it's so worn out, and it's out of round, with a few big dents and broken spots, and it's missing 2 small side stones. I didn't even notice the missing stones because it was so dirty. But, I could tell that the stone was pretty clear, and sort of sparkly. I'm not sure of the carat weight, but the center is ~4.5 mm. Any input on what size she could be? I bought this piece for $110, and the stone will be reset into a bezel pendant (maybe with a halo?).

Second piece is an adorable 3 stone. Oval center, about 35 points. It's got a little bit of a bow tie, but I'm cool with that. I kinda like the way it looks. There are 2 small round side stones, I think about 6-8 points each, based on measuring the three stones. The oval is in a six prong setting, and the shank is nice and thick 14k yellow gold. This one was $250. I honestly have no idea what the color and clarity is for either piece, but they do think they both look very nice. They both appear to me to be eye-clean.

Once I get them cleaned better, and maybe polished, I will get some pictures up ASAP.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I can't wait to see pics!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can't wait to see photos! Tomorrow, right young lady??? :nono:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, thanks! I will be on top of it tomorrow :)

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see pictures!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh man! What a tease!!! I'm in LOVE with OECs so I'd LOVE to see it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sound great! I can't wait to see them.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I've got some pictures for you :)

First up, the OEC. I took both rings to the jeweler and (tried to) have them cleaned up, and polished. They would not do the OEC because the setting was in such poor condition. I spent quite some time cleaning them myself, but I just don't have the equipment to do a really good job. But, they estimated the stone's size to be about 40 points. Yay :) :) She's so adorable, even in an awful home. You can tell this ring was very well loved, for many years.

And, please let me apologize for my awful picture quality, and the awful state of my nails. Gotta love spring cleaning!

First up, a couple of pictures to show the condition of the ring.

Here you can kind of see where the small missing side stones are, the two tiny ones on either side. It was so dirty, I couldn't even tell they were missing until I'd soaked and scrubbed the ring for ~2hours.

SadOECsetting1.jpg

SadOECsettong2.jpg

SadOECbooboo.jpg

SmallMissingSides.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Now, a couple of fun fire shots. I had trouble trying to capture the facet pattern, and the culet. I was so thrilled to see it when I checked it out really well. I can't wait to get this gorgeous stone reset!! (Wow, I feel like such a nerd for being this excited, lol!)

BlueFireHandshotOEC.jpg

ExtraSparklyOEC.jpg

Maybeapeekofculet.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Next up, my oval three stone. I am so in love with this ring, it's just the right finger size, and I love that the setting is nice and thick, but still retains a fairly delicate look. This may be my new favorite RHR. And, I had trouble taking a picture that wasn't a fire shot. I'm really loving it.

horriblenailpolishbeautifulsparkles.jpg

fireyhandshotoval.jpg

sideprofileoval.jpg

Ovalonthewindowsill.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
The last couple of decent pictures I was able to take. Thanks for looking!!

HandShotOval.jpg

Handshotwithpinkshirt.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Your OEC really need a new setting and it will be absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I know, it's in such rough shape. But, the diamond is beautiful, and I can't wait to have it reset into a new bezel pendant :) Thanks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty finds manderz!! The oec will look perfect in a pendant. And I love the oval! I am such a fan of that shape, I think it's a very flattering look on the finger. It's so much fun getting new sparklies, isn't it? :naughty:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Sure is! Typically I'm very indecisive, so to find 2 pieces that I really like, at really great prices was a one in a million chance! Thank you for the kind words :)

ShellaMigg

Rough_Rock
A new branch of pawnshop was found in the heart of the City, just come and visit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results