shape
carat
color
clarity

Pavillion Angle vs. Depth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking

Rough_Rock
When using the Cut Advisor does it matter if you plug in the crown angle and the pavillion depth (as opposed to either angle or depth for both)?
I have noticed that you get different results on the same diamond when you change from angle to depth on pavillion, when all other info is left the same. Am I doing it wrong?

Looking

Rough_Rock
Once again, thank you leonid for your fast response. It's truly amazing (and overwhelming) how many factors are involved in determining a great quality diamond. I shudder to think what I could have ended up with if I hadn't stumbled across this site.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Angles obtained from Sarin measurements are more accurate and it is recomended to use angles if possible.Pavilion and Crown depths % are less accurate because variations of girdle thicknes.Look at Ghost_In_The_Net' post in this thread: www.pricescope.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000268.html .Please also keep in mind that even angles has certain measurement error, which is about +/- 0.1 degree for pavilion angle.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Looking, I'm glad that you found some useful info here, although keep in mind that no website can substitute live expert examination of the stone.Happy hunting
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results