carat
color
clarity

Pave vs Solitaire

TheLady

Shiny_Rock

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I have a 1.22 carat I color. I have it set in a 6 prong knife edge setting. I find that wearing mine with a plain band in between my solitaire and eternity puts just enough distance to keep my eye from comparing colors (my eternity is F/G melee). If you really have your heart set on pave & are worried about color difference you could consider asking them to use I colored pave (but only if you never plan on upgrading your solitaire to a higher color).

This might help you - Look at the third picture in the first post of this thread. I/J melee on left band, F/G melee on right band. See if you are color sensitive enough to see a difference.

Last edited:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I don't tend to notice the color difference when it's on the same band, something about the fingers curving around it. When it is right next to the ring, on a wedding band I think the difference is much more noticeable.

One other consideration, not to dump more decisions on you, but are you comfortable with stones on the band? I can't handle anything rubbing between my fingers, learned that the hard way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results