shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave side stones regret

tonielle

Rough_Rock
CDC356D5-0186-47D4-A3FC-3AFC2E0A9B49.jpeg

i just got my Provence ring yesterday, and though I love the way it looks and it’s great quality, I’m having some regrets about the 3/4 eternity stones in the bands.

I don’t know if reducing the stones to be just 1/2 would be worth it (or even help). I really want to love my new wedding set, but my fingers are irritated. The side of my middle finger is turning red, and I imagine it will eventually callous.

Any suggestions to help with this

Reactions: AV_

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure I understand - are you saying that the bottoms of the side stones are rubbing against your finger?

tonielle

Rough_Rock
The side stones are rubbing against my middle and pinky finger. The ring is worn on my ring finger. My middle and pinky fingers are irritated on the sides. The middle finger moreso than the pinky.

9CEDF370-B86E-469C-B0DB-5FBE53FB5D23.jpeg

It seems some people don’t have this issue if their fingers have a gap when they’re closed together.

I'm not sure I understand - are you saying that the bottoms of the side stones are rubbing against your finger?

Last edited:

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Oh, yeah, gotcha. I can see where that would be irritating. Why don't you try wearing it for a few days and see if the irritation goes away.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
The side stones are rubbing against my middle and pinky finger. The ring is worn on my ring finger. My middle and pinky fingers are irritated on the sides. The middle finger moreso than the pinky.

9CEDF370-B86E-469C-B0DB-5FBE53FB5D23.jpeg

It seems some people don’t have this issue if their fingers have a gap when they’re closed together.

I would say give it a bit longer. I have that issue whenever I take off my pavè band for whatever reason and then put it back on. Its irritating for a couple days and then stops. I don't have the type of fingers that have a gap either so that's not why for me. If after another day or so it doesn't stop then you might have to go to a half band like you were thinking.

Maybe try lotioning up? I find pavè can sometimes irritate and cut my skin if my skin is dry.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've had the ring for 1 day, I would definitely give it more time.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try giving it a little more time. Almost all of my rings have pave running down the shank and they don’t irritate my skin and I didn’t develop any calluses. No gap here either. I think your skin is just getting used to this new “invasion.” Any annoying texture will affect your skin at first. Kinda like when you start wearing flip flops in the summer and it’s super uncomfortable. A lot of people complain of this problem when they buy eternity bands as well.

ETA: if it really bothers you, try taking off the set for a while to let your skin calm down. You could also take them off when you get home for the day (good idea to reduce wear and tear anyway).

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Happy to say that on day 3, I think my skin is getting used to it.

I’ve worn rings almost all my life, but never had side stones go down this far. I also compared all of my older rings and the shanks are not as deep.

I’m glad, I was ready to get rid of this set and purchase a new one lol, which would have been exciting too. I’m sure hubby would not have been happy with that though :lol:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve worn rings almost all my life, but never had side stones go down this far. I also compared all of my older rings and the shanks are not as deep.

I’m glad, I was ready to get rid of this set and purchase a new one lol, which would have been exciting too. I’m sure hubby would not have been happy with that though :lol:

Good to hear! :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! :dance: I’m happy it seems to be getting better...because that set looks gorgeous on you.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look at the pave with a 10x loupe (or higher if you can). You may have some prongs that are no fully closed or finished well making some parts more scratchy. That is an easy fix.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Have a look at the pave with a 10x loupe (or higher if you can). You may have some prongs that are no fully closed or finished well making some parts more scratchy. That is an easy fix.

exactly. and I DO see where your finger is getting irritated. I have sensitive skin so am aware of this as well. I had to reset a diamond out of a really gorgeous halo with side stones because the constant friction was annoying on a subliminal level... like a little rock in your shoe you can't find and walk around with all day and it puts you in a bad mood kind of thing. I eventually swapped out the entire look for plain bands...but upped to a bigger diamond to make up for it. lol.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Sorry don't mean to post again, or twice, but had another thought. Any chance the rose gold doesn't agree with you? The diamonds SEEM pretty flush...
Copper alloy is a no-no for some ( so so pretty tho.)

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jeweler mentioned this to me as a design consideration when resizing a larger ring, so I know you’re not the only one to be bothered by stones between the fingers. It sure looks pretty on you!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Sorry don't mean to post again, or twice, but had another thought. Any chance the rose gold doesn't agree with you? The diamonds SEEM pretty flush...
Copper alloy is a no-no for some ( so so pretty tho.)

I ended up wearing it for a few days after and no more irritation!! I think my skin needed to get used to it

However, my eczema on my actual ring finger acted up. I have a rash ABOVE and BELOW where the ring sits lol. I do believe it is from not taking the ring off when I wash my hands and not properly drying it, allowing bacteria to grow and irritating me. I feel the “dampness” that gets trapped in the crevices of the cathedral on my skin for awhile after washing and it irritates my skin. Taking the ring off when washing and making sure the ring is dry is helping.

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that's good too. I was going to wonder if maybe you were allergic to the metal? I tend to get rashy from everything but platinum. Sometimes in less than 24 hours. Sometimes in more. But I noticed it never ever happens when I just wear my platinum :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results