shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Hi all:

My diamond is a 1.51 ct. cushion and we want to go with a pave setting. I don''t have a pic of the actual one we are leaning towards, but I know it''s 3 pave stones across and it they do not go all the way around the band - just on the top of the band, to about halfway down the sides. (not on 3 sides)

When we were looking in various stores I iniitally was leaning towards a thin pave band. But then I saw a Kwiat ring with a wider pave band and it just knocked my socks off. So we now are leaning toward the wider band. Since we are picking all the elements out seperately and our jeweler is creating it for us, I am trying to trust that all the elements I like seperately will look good together.

I''ve been looking through the "eye candy" thread and unfortunately, I haven''t seen many examples of a setting like this. What do you all think about going with a wider pave band? Have you seen anything like this around? How do you think my diamond will look with a band that width? Any examples that you''ve seen and liked?

I know it will leave me with a thin pave band for the wedding band, but that''s ok with me.

Curious to see what others think, since I know the thin bands seem to be all the rage on PS.

Thanks in advance!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should go with the look you want and love. sure the trends now are thin bands but they aren''t for everyone. the kwiat band is very lovely. Do keep in mind that the width of the band could be equal to the width of your stone. the reason why a lot of gals like the thin bands is because many times the center diamond will look bigger.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. My guess is the stone shown on their website is about the same size as your stone. 1.5 is the largest size the ring will accommodate and that's probably what they are showing it with.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I think whatever you love, and whatever looks best on your hand is what you should have. It''s just like wedding dresses, you have to try them on to know what actually suits your personal style and body type.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen this one:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fiancees-new-ring.81024/

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Ooooh, I hadn''t seen that one. That''s very pretty! (great artistic photos too!)

Everytime I do see a wide band somewhere it''s with a round stone. I hope the wide setting will look well with a cushion.

My cushion is more rectangular than square....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results