shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave setting done in white sapphire as opposed to diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I know this is not something I have seen before, but is it possible to make a pave setting in white sapphire instead of diamonds? I am aware of the hardness ratio - sapphire is softer - but is it something I could get done custom? Mark is sick and booked, and I would kind of like to get this ball rolling in the next month or two for my upgrade setting. Attached is a picture of what I want to recreate.

emeraldcutal.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure why you would want to do this?

The cost is in the labour for setting rather than the actual melee.

I wouldn''t go for sapphires for those myself. They won''t sparkle in the same way and especially in such small sizes. Plus, there is the hardness factor - it''s relatively easy to chip and abrade the facets on sapphires.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Well I loved the way they looked in a right-hand ring I have (a pear onyx in a halo setting of white sapphire), so to be honest, I hadn''t considered the thought that it wasn''t the diamonds bringing up the price on such a setting. Maybe I am just being cheap
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the labour is going to cost you. Either way, there''s lots of itty bitty melee to set so you will not be saving much at all.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the help :) I suppose I will just have to suffer with diamonds...such an awful thing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results