shape
carat
color
clarity

Pavé settings - where to shop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
First, thanks for everyone's help on my earlier post.

I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about my impending stone purchase, but now I'm having trouble locating a suitable setting. I know (through some not-so-subtle hints) that my girlfriend really likes Pavé settings. She's seen some by Michael B. in bridal magazines she's liked and she saw one at a local B&M that was made by a company by the name of Parade, I believe.

Other than that, though, I'm having trouble locating much selection for a true Pavé setting. I've seen some that claim to be Pavé, but are little more than a channel setting. I found one at Mondera, but it says it's for a 1 ct. stone, and my budget will not allow me to buy a 1 ct. stone. (I'm a poor college kid.
sad.gif
)

I'll post some pictures of the setting I saw at Mondera that I liked. If anybody has any other suggestions about where I should look, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. Also, has anyone ever heard of this Parade company? My local B&M store had a catalog of theirs, but I was looking online and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cory

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
Pavé 1

pave1.jpg

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
Pavé 2

pave2.jpg

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
Pavé 3

pave3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.diana.com. Shas a pave setting similar to the one you posted above, very pretty, I don't know pricing though.

We were interested in the Michael B settings as well but they are way too pricey ($2700 for the e-ring setting only) and for what... 0.50c of pave? No way. We had our ring made and got .75c of small round cut stones that look pretty similar to pave but safer and it was much cheaper than the Michael B but people think it is a similar setting. You may want to consider having the setting made for cheaper.

Also check out the post that was on here a few days ago called 'Compilation of Settings' I believe which had multiple listings of setting websites...you may want to check out the links and see what you find on there.

The setting pictures you posted are very pretty! I would estimate that for a setting such as that in platinum you may be looking at pricing of around $1300 or so? Maybe less depending on where you are, what deal you cut, etc.

Good luck!!

julieinkc

Rough_Rock
I have the Vatche X-Prong Pave setting in platinum. I really love it and the ring is very comfortable. Whiteflash has the platinum setting on their site for $1175 for a .5 ct center stone. . Lesley is very helpful regarding ordering setting w/o a center stone. Or, there are other vendors you can order this from.

I like the Michael B. setting, as well, but they are a little pricey! I haven't ever heard of the other brand you mention.

The picture attached is the .5 ct setting.

vatchehalfct.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I forgot about the Vatche. I emailed Leslie about that while we were looking...I think if I remember it correctly it is around 3mm wide which was too wide for what I was looking for...we wanted around 2mm/2.5mm or so. But is is a beautiful setting if you are looking for a slightly wider ring. There is also a matching wed ring with pave just on the top. Check out WhiteFlash.Com's site for more info.

1.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
People are trying to compare apples with oranges..

I trully suggest you look at the work of your jeweller
before buying. Look at one pavé ring he made under 10x
to see the quality of work.

Pavé setting is done by:

Drilling many holes in the ring to place the side diamonds.
Then you use some type of spatula to push the metal close
to the diamond to cover the girdle so the diamond will be
secured by these tiny pieces of metal.
What you want to look for when you look at a pavé ring is
the amount of metal between the diamonds (should not be a lot),
if the diamonds are flat, if the table of the diamonds are under the
surface of the ring, the symmetry of the work, the absence of chips
on the diamonds, the clarity of the diamonds (if you buy VS stones
then be sure they are VS stones).

Pavé setting is trully beautiful when done properly.

Trichrome.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tri--How are people comparing apples with oranges? Pave divided by pave equals pave, right?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results