shape
carat
color
clarity

Patience is a virtue.......

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many years ago, 2012 to be precise, at a Celebrity event there was a woman wearing THE necklace of my dreams. A totally over the top multi sparkler number. I saw the photos online / in magazines and went into overdrive. Despite my best sleuthing attempts I was unable to find out who the designer was and where I could buy one so I had to accept that it was probably a “one off” creation. Sad face. I then spent more time searching the Internet for something similar to no avail. The search for a Statement Crystal necklace, continued off and on for the next 7 years.
My Mums birthday looms and she really loves those Swarovski jewellery pieces. From experience I’ve found better prices and choice on line and in fact a bangle she would like is no longer “current” so it’s my trusty eBay to the rescue.
Heavens, put Swarovski Crystal in the search field and it’s like 22,000 results. Ugh. Switch to eBay.au
So I’m scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and
OMG
OMG
OMG
It’s THE necklace. Seven years later but I recognized it in an instant. Not cheap, even as a pre loved item, I have nowhere to wear it but I hit that buy it now button anyway.
Oh, Mums present, oops, I’ll get back to that once I calm down. Weeeeeeeeeeeee so excited.
This is the photo of celebrity wearing said necklace.

Attachments

• 53AFCF74-F0D9-4924-B6B5-D9F625A0FA09.jpeg
    53AFCF74-F0D9-4924-B6B5-D9F625A0FA09.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 141

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Congrats! And yes patience is a virtue. I could share many stories but to save time I will just agree.

It will be a very happy birthday for your darling mom (and you) I suspect. Happy birthday!
And please share photos when it arrives. :appl:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 such a cool necklace!

@missy Please share a "patience is a virtue" story! I'm holding off buying a diamond because no solution (balance of size, color and clarity) makes me happy at the moment and I would rather save and wait some more till the perfect solution presents itself. But sometimes I think I should just get it "over" with and stop searching/obsessing :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 such a cool necklace!

@missy Please share a "patience is a virtue" story! I'm holding off buying a diamond because no solution (balance of size, color and clarity) makes me happy at the moment and I would rather save and wait some more till the perfect solution presents itself. But sometimes I think I should just get it "over" with and stop searching/obsessing :)

Gosh i don’t want to disappoint so will post but know I’m on the run and posting on my phone so forgive any typos etc. Wish I had my reading glasses with me lol. Tiny print on the phone.

Example one and the most recent “patience is a virtue” experience. Bubbalah.

I saw her 2 years before I purchased her. When I first saw her I fell in love. And though I was actively looking to upgrade Bea I was hesitant because it was more than I wanted to spend. In fact, I also had a friend who wanted to buy Bea so it would have worked out. Yet I hesitated because I had made big purchases before and then regretted it. My DH was no help as he said to get the ring. But it was more than I had in my head that I wanted to spend. I had already spent way more over the decades on upgrades and lost so much money. So I wanted to wait. And take my time. Grace was amazing and said she would hold her for me as long as I wanted. But I said no it’s not fair. She had another buyer so I told grace to go ahead and sell her.

I started regretting that decision almost immediately. I couldn’t get the diamond out of my mind. Fast forward 2 years and I was still searching and nothing came close to Bubbalah. Nothing. Even if I spent 10 more k nothing was as beautiful. I contacted grace and told her. She told me her buyer never wore her because the stone wasn’t large enough for her and she was wearing her other larger diamonds (she has a large collection). Lol. Bubbalah is almost 5 carats but just goes to show people and their preferences vary. So long story short (too late :P2) Grace enticed the seller with a little profit and Bubbalah became mine. 2 years after I first saw her. And turns out another friend wanted to buy her so that helped towards the purchase price a bit. I had found the first friend who wanted Bea another beautiful OEC 2 years prior when I decided I wasn’t ready to part with Bea just yet. All’s well that ends well. 4 happy (or 5 if you include Grace) people. The seller, the 2 friends who wanted Bea and me. We all got our dream OECs.

I have another “patience is a virtue” story but for another day. About Greg and me and our courtship. And it’s complicated but patience is a virtue. Greg waited til i was (almost)ready and let me tell you that man was patient. Thank goodness because sometimes I don’t know my own mind.

36BFE73D-AD42-4B12-A8F8-66285FAA9B55.jpeg

I don’t know if my experience helped you in any way but don’t rush into anything. Make a list of pros and cons and take your time. One thing I learned over the years is I could have saved a lot of money if I wasn’t so impulsive. Good luck.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I appreciate the time you took for your story! It makes it easier to stay patient. Your Bubblah truly is the most amazing OEC I have seen (virtually) not only the perfect patterning but the size and color are also to die for. But I also love your posts where you make it clear that in the end it is material and your fur babies for example are obviously higher on the priority list! You seem to have a great hand in finding balance in life!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many years ago, 2012 to be precise, at a Celebrity event there was a woman wearing THE necklace of my dreams. A totally over the top multi sparkler number. I saw the photos online / in magazines and went into overdrive. Despite my best sleuthing attempts I was unable to find out who the designer was and where I could buy one so I had to accept that it was probably a “one off” creation. Sad face. I then spent more time searching the Internet for something similar to no avail. The search for a Statement Crystal necklace, continued off and on for the next 7 years.
My Mums birthday looms and she really loves those Swarovski jewellery pieces. From experience I’ve found better prices and choice on line and in fact a bangle she would like is no longer “current” so it’s my trusty eBay to the rescue.
Heavens, put Swarovski Crystal in the search field and it’s like 22,000 results. Ugh. Switch to eBay.au
So I’m scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and
OMG
OMG
OMG
It’s THE necklace. Seven years later but I recognized it in an instant. Not cheap, even as a pre loved item, I have nowhere to wear it but I hit that buy it now button anyway.
Oh, Mums present, oops, I’ll get back to that once I calm down. Weeeeeeeeeeeee so excited.
This is the photo of celebrity wearing said necklace.
wow !
that's spectacular
have so much fun wearing it
take it to the theatre
take it to the art gallart
take it to the ballet
take it to the movies
take it out for coffee
take it to a swanky resturant
take it out for a burger
wear it to the beach in the middle of winter
lounge in your back garden with it