shape
carat
color
clarity

Pasta Express

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I mean the tall jar thingy that looks like it''s for storing pasta, but they advertise it on TV as some freaky scientific way to cook pasta. Or asparagus. Or peas.

My husband is a scientist, and when he saw the TV ad he said it didn''t look like it would work. I googled for customer reviews and found several on Amazon that said "Don''t waste your money! This thing does not cook pasta!"

Then I forgot about it for a few weeks, until it came up in a conversation with a friend who lives on the other side of the country. She said that when they have a slow news night, her local news channel does stuff like testing Pasta Express. They apparently had some chef on there, who said "I''d definitely buy one for my wife, this thing''s great!"

I''m unconvinced that it was a real news item, the skeptic in me says it was a sneaky paid product placement like a Guthy Renke thing.

Does anyone here have one? Does it work?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Cinnabar, I do not have one, but ou local news channel does a segment called "too good to be true?" and it included this Product. Basically, it is as much work as doin it the old fashion way and they showed that the product did not work very well.. The noodles were not very done.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 6:20:05 PM
Author: MINE!!
Cinnabar, I do not have one, but ou local news channel does a segment called ''too good to be true?'' and it included this Product. Basically, it is as much work as doin it the old fashion way and they showed that the product did not work very well.. The noodles were not very done.
I was thinking that might be the case since you still have to boil water to add in... and after that it cooks it the same way I usually do - by bringing the water to a rolling boil, then adding pasta & turning off the heat for 6-9 minutes depending on the type of pasta. I think the only cool thing about the Pasta Express is not having to break up tall spaghetti noodles in order to fit them into a not so tall pot. Maybe instead of the pasta express, one of the cookware companies just needs to come up with a tall skinny pasta pot with that comes with a draining lid?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 6:59:56 PM
Author: teebee

I was thinking that might be the case since you still have to boil water to add in... and after that it cooks it the same way I usually do - by bringing the water to a rolling boil, then adding pasta & turning off the heat for 6-9 minutes depending on the type of pasta. I think the only cool thing about the Pasta Express is not having to break up tall spaghetti noodles in order to fit them into a not so tall pot. Maybe instead of the pasta express, one of the cookware companies just needs to come up with a tall skinny pasta pot with that comes with a draining lid?
Maybe an asparagus pot would work? They usually have a strainer basket... that could work to drain it... hmm... maybe this would justify the purchase of an asparagus pot!?!?!?
36.gif

img100m.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 3:50:40 PM
Author: sumbride

Date: 3/7/2006 6:59:56 PM
Author: teebee

Maybe an asparagus pot would work? They usually have a strainer basket... that could work to drain it... hmm... maybe this would justify the purchase of an asparagus pot!?!?!?
36.gif
Hmmmm, I think you might have something there!!!
36.gif
Adding asparagus pot to the registry....
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results