shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba setting opinions please?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok colored gemstone people, I’d love your help please.
I’ve had my 2.78 ct, 10x8 mm Mozambique Paraiba for quite a while and it’s time to set it.

Caysie will be making the setting. I’ve got 3 options, either will be 18kt YG with high polish finish:

1. Double halo with a tiny inner halo of white melee, the larger outer halo with 2.7 mm rubies.

2. Single halo with diamonds only.

3. A half bezel 3 stone with a pair of 7x5 mm Mahenge Spinels and a outer halo with tiny diamond melee.

Gemstone combinations photos below:

25726156-FBFE-4A4D-9D44-98077281D469.jpeg

A67AA1F4-7001-489B-B750-B3CC675DABEF.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@bright ice Hi, my initial thought is I love the top picture with the ruby halo. I love non traditional and interesting colour combinations and think the colour contrast of the rubies and paraiba is gorgeous! :kiss2:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll post an inspiration photo of each design.

The halo is just for color only as mine would be the opposite combination using round rubies.

D79689CA-E06C-47D7-B5ED-51A400E05B62.jpeg BD833783-8D38-45CB-AFD3-C1ACED6DF8C3.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for halo. ❤️

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we all love halos but my biggest concern is how often I’d wear it because it’s a dressy design. The 3 stone probably more casual?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 3 stone will be less dressy depending on the melee size. Wait, you're using melee right? if not, then of course yes less dressy. but if you're going to do melee on a 3 stone go small or none at all.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the three-stone option. I've seen the halo color combination below (one of @elle_71125's prior avatars); yours would be bigger but not quite unique. The three-stone feels more special to me.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 3 stone will be less dressy depending on the melee size. Wait, you're using melee right? if not, then of course yes less dressy. but if you're going to do melee on a 3 stone go small or none at all.
Yes using tiny melee in the outer rim.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the three stone.
The halo is lovely, but the three stone is IMO more versatile.
* what are your plans for wear? Is this a knock out special occasion, or do you want it to fit a daily rotation?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the three stone.
The halo is lovely, but the three stone is IMO more versatile.
* what are your plans for wear? Is this a knock out special occasion, or do you want it to fit a daily rotation?
I’m wanting something that I’ll reach for when I’ll want a RHR for anytime from social functions, dinner, church, etc. I believe the 3 stone could handle dressy events too but I have other options that will suit those times.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
*nods head* It most certainly can.
Three stone for it's versatility :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote halo but I’m a halo girl through and through. :mrgreen: I love the color combo of the paraiba with bright pink spinels or rubies so either design is a win. It seems like you’re leaning towards a three stone for the casual vibe though and I think that would be perfect.

Update: Just watched the video...and I’m in LOVE with the spine sides. I officially change my vote to three stone. :-o:kiss2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halo!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m in a minority - I don’t like halos...there, I said it! Don’t hate me! Very rarely, I like them.
I think the color combination is intriguing and beautiful, and amplified by the 3-stones, so I like it more. Especially if the goal is versatility! Also - those spinels are WOWZA. The 3-stone will be truly striking

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with just diamond halo. I feel like the color of the pariba is so spectacular, anything else will just compete or clash & isn't necessary.
The diamonds will just add sparkle & some more oomph .

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Mahenge pair is insane and I can’t imagine turning them down- for any reason.
but
What is lacking in your current collection. A three stone or a floral? And then further, a three stone CS or floral CS ring?
As to the color combo vs just diamonds
I reach for my pink/green ring more than I ever thought I would. It’s not outfit color driven decision with that one, for me.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with just diamond halo. I feel like the color of the pariba is so spectacular, anything else will just compete or clash & isn't necessary.
The diamonds will just add sparkle & some more oomph .

I was thinking the same thing initially, and I still think that just the diamonds would be gorgeous. But those spinels are so beautiful.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
May I know your finger size? In smaller sizes, the three-stone with the 8x10 could be overwhelming. I like the ruby halo.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 3 stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote #1. There's just something about a paraiba that always screams it wants MOAR!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I know your finger size? In smaller sizes, the three-stone with the 8x10 could be overwhelming. I like the ruby halo.
My ring size is 6.5. Caysie says definitely edge to edge coverage but not overwhelming. She wears a 6.5 and has a 3 stone bezel with her diamonds being exactly the same except her center stone is 11x8.
If I go with the 3 stone it would have slightly more N/S coverage due to the particular setting style.

5541EE50-C5BB-47D1-A7CF-08324DB01E97.jpeg

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Mahenge pair is insane and I can’t imagine turning them down- for any reason.
but
What is lacking in your current collection. A three stone or a floral? And then further, a three stone CS or floral CS ring?
As to the color combo vs just diamonds
I reach for my pink/green ring more than I ever thought I would. It’s not outfit color driven decision with that one, for me.
I don’t have a 3 stone ring of any kind. I do have a Mahenge spinel and Zircon diamond halo rings.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@bright ice Wow I have seen the spinel video you have uploaded and they would be stunning in the 3 ring setting. Choices choices! ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results