shape
carat
color
clarity

paraiba pendant project complete - a few pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice everyone gave me. I decided to set the paraiba I got from Dan into a 14k yellow gold semi-bezel. I really love it!

Thanks again!

paraiba 021.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

paraiba 012.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

paraiba 010.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. Is the pendant stationary or free floating? Who did you have do this setting? It looks just lovely, could you post some more photos?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The yellow gold contrasts so nicely!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 9:58:34 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Very nice. Is the pendant stationary or free floating? Who did you have do this setting? It looks just lovely, could you post some more photos?
Thank you Stone Hunter and geckodani!

The pendant is free floating. I had the option of making it stationary but didn''t go that route. I had it set at a local jeweler here in Austin, Americus Diamond. They brought out a catalog of options to choose from and that was quite nice, no pressure and they did it pretty quickly. Dropped it off Friday and picked it up on Monday. I''ll try and take more pics this evening. I''ve yet to get home before dark in I don''t even know how long so all I''ve been able to do is stinkin'' indoor lighting. Hopefully I can take more today, outside!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s pretty; the setting brings out the colour well.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much Chrono.
1.gif

One more pic, taken with my iphone so it''s not so great but I just love the colors the stone is putting off right now.
9.gif

paraiba 029.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooooo, it''s very pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you did yellow gold, it really brings out the color very nicely. Bezeling it was also a very smart move. Congratulations.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really nice!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so very much Catmom! You have a gorgeous jewelry collection and it''s very flattering that you like the pendant.
9.gif

TL I can''t thank you enough!
36.gif
If anyone would know what to do with a paraiba, it''d be you!
2.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you mr. ma re!
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Great setting and lovely stone!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I think we need more pics though!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you cinnamon and freke! I promise to take more pictures as soon as I can.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant. I just love a bit of color at the neck, and this little beauty is sure to liven your day. Wonderful piece.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! The color of that baby is intense! Love it!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That is the exact type of necklace that I want for everyday. Its so wearable but still has sparkle! Perfect perfect perfect!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful pendant. I love the color of the paraiba
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The setting you chose, sets it off beautifully Great job!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 10:13:20 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 5/12/2009 9:58:34 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Thank you Stone Hunter and geckodani!

The pendant is free floating. I had the option of making it stationary but didn''t go that route. I had it set at a local jeweler here in Austin, Americus Diamond. They brought out a catalog of options to choose from and that was quite nice, no pressure and they did it pretty quickly. Dropped it off Friday and picked it up on Monday. I''ll try and take more pics this evening. I''ve yet to get home before dark in I don''t even know how long so all I''ve been able to do is stinkin'' indoor lighting. Hopefully I can take more today, outside!
1.gif
THANKS seems like Texas has alot of good jewelers. I''m really drawn to the floating pendants. Let us know how you like wearing it! The neck shot looks really good.
9.gif
Hope you start getting home before the sun sets.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl, LTP, and SL! I''m very much a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl so this is definitely something I can wear with those and not look silly.
1.gif

Thank you Linda! I was so worried that I wouldn''t do the stone justice. I think my camera still doesn''t quite cut it so that''s still up there on my list of things to replace, very soon.

Stone Hunter, I love, love, love it. I have a necklace with two cherries 10ky pendant (two rubies and an emerald) that I''ve worn every day for the last two years. While I do love it, first gift my dh ever gave me, the chain catches my hair and the pendant does not slide very easily and always seems to get tangled in with itself and in my hair. Because it doesn''t slide very well it wanders all of the place. I have had zero problems with this one so far.

Thanks!
9.gif

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
very nice stone-would like a little more info @ the stone-size-origin-any treatment-clairity-curiosity peaked...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
brandy-dont see many nice paraibas so when one pops up its good to see the rap sheet on your treasure...

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 5/12/2009 7:13:27 PM
Author: m76steve
very nice stone-would like a little more info @ the stone-size-origin-any treatment-clairity-curiosity peaked...

Thank you so much! Here are the stats:
STONE: Paraiba Tourmaline
WEIGHT: .39 Cts.
CUT: Round Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 4.80 mm
ORIGIN: Brazil
COLOR: Slightly Bluish Neon Green
CLARITY: Very Good+ (Eye Clean)
I got it from Daniel Stair at http://www.customgemstones.com/

I think my new favorite color is yellow!

paraiba_039.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
some pics in daylight!

paraiba_037.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results