shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba... go get your piggybanks!!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... we need to club together on this one. If we all put in do you think we could get to the $4mill asking price?

59.10ct so we could send it to Jerry and get him to slice it up so we each get a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posting pics for posterity - feast your eyes :shock:
See the video

paraiba-on-hand.jpg

paraiba-side.jpg

paraiba-side-2.jpg

paraiba-report.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Can we reset it into a pendant?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
You can do whatever you like with your bit once we get it sliced and diced. A pendant would probably suit you :))

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to know what the 29 declined offers were :lol:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I could get a Paraiba slice pendant, kind of like a watermelon tourmaline slice pendant.
Start a trend with something different!

Nah to the JCK that's a fake paraiba :nono: And where are the chocolates they're talking about?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1388976327|3587163 said:
Sorry, just saw this. Hmmm... 29 offers declined. I guess that means my $20 won't buy it either ;(

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1388978337|3587178 said:
Elliot86|1388976327|3587163 said:
Sorry, just saw this. Hmmm... 29 offers declined. I guess that means my $20 won't buy it either ;(

Right? A $250,000.00 offer wouldn't even scratch the first million!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So true.

I guess what's also puzzling me is why it's on Ebay instead of with Christies or Sotherbys - unless it's because they think the rich and famous are scouring Ebay for the next best thing to wear to the Oscars :naughty: Or maybe their friends are and this is a way of spreading the word?

ETA: I take that back - maybe they are on Ebay. I checked their other listings and a peridot ring has just gone up to $4,650 with 20 bids :o

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always love seeing an appraisal prepared by an in-house gemologist, and there's no charge for resizing the ring!

The phone number they give is from a VoIP service. The address on their Facebook page is in the Newport Coast Shopping Center (100 miles away from the Palm Springs address on the appraisal report & the locale for the 760 area code). There is, however, nothing listed in the shopping center's directory that seems to correspond to such a business... unless they are operating out of the back of, say, the Happy Nails Salon & Day Spa:
http://www.shopneighborhoodcenters.com/NeighborhoodCenters/Center/Newport_Coast_Shopping_Center.aspx

There are just 2 California corporations in the California Secretary of State's database that have ever had Certified Jewelry in their name; both were suspended by the CA Secretary of State. So I'm content to let some Nigerian prince wing off a non-refundable $4 million to this mysterious outfit :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love it when people really do my homework for me, MollyMalone. Good job! Ahaha, Happy Nails Spa! :roll:

I don't see the paraiba glow & its saturation isn't great. I wondered too why Hollywood Royalty would slap it on eBay instead of Christie's or Sotheby's -- why not take it to their local pawn shop, in that case?

Besides, yawn, for my $4 million I want something a little smaller & less tacky.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this vendor safe to purchase from? Sounds like Molly checked out their background and deemed it shady. In that case, she just saved us all from spending more money. :tongue:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, however, it does not float my boat, and there is not a lot in the piggybank, so count me out!

DK :))

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Picky, picky, picky. I don't know... I try to share and I get a bunch of naysayers :lol:

Happy Nails indeed - thanks for the check Molly, but in any case we know better than to take an inhouse appraisal do we not PSers?

Actually my subconscious must have been cogitating upon it... is this the same group that had that woman with a vault full to sell off and it was going for a few months it seemed?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I do like TL's and LD's paraibas much better. They may be smaller stones but they have far better color. So I will pass on this and just wait!

Annette

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1388977924|3587177 said:
I could get a Paraiba slice pendant, kind of like a watermelon tourmaline slice pendant.
Start a trend with something different!

Nah to the JCK that's a fake paraiba :nono: And where are the chocolates they're talking about?

I think I'm missing something. Why is it a fake paraiba?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm missing something. Why is it a fake paraiba?

I was commenting on the picture. While the ring looks like a photo of an actual ring the "paraiba" doesn't look like a photograph of an actual gem - that's why I said fake paraiba. So I'm not sure how they are going to find a gem if you order the ring. I'm not saying the gem would end up being a fake mind you, simply that it looks that way in the photo above.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another cuprian with the same saturation level as this stone. It's very large, and as you can see, they wanted far less than 4 million for it.

file.jpg

I'm not advocating GSN, I'm just saying. . . .

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Talk about "hole in the heart" TL :lol: Wouldn't want that one to represent a relationship :shock:

While the one I posted above is nearly twice the size I don't think any of us think that $4mill is an anywhere reasonable price for it. The GSN does seem a better blue though.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Gotcha. I figured it was photoshopped to heck, and that's why it looks fake.

Are there any large pariabas (desirable and legit ones) available?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the 20K pear the best. I'm boring, so I would put in a oxidized gold, diamond halo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a hole in my hearts.....
I'm gonna swallow my tears....

Ooops, better stop singing lest a snow storm heads this way. PI's cabochon pear is a beautiful and I agree that a blackened setting will help it pop better.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1389240045|3589306 said:
Talk about "hole in the heart" TL :lol: Wouldn't want that one to represent a relationship :shock:

While the one I posted above is nearly twice the size I don't think any of us think that $4mill is an anywhere reasonable price for it. The GSN does seem a better blue though.

Actually, it really didn't have better color. I think it just came off that way on the television, but at certain angles, you could tell it wasn't that saturated.

Still, it was a decent buy, even with the "hole." ;))

I think it eventually went for $16K if I remember correctly.

There are some paraibas that are truly worth a ton of money, but that saturation is not particularly fine. Reminds me of the Nigerian deposit.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1389415902|3590754 said:

Wooow! That little one is prettier imo that the other giant ones here (not that they're not beautiful too). The saturation must be incredible irl. Do some vendors take pics of their stones at an angle like that to hide cutting issues? Sorry for the threadjack, I've just been meaning to ask that for a while.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Some vendors will try to hide a window by not taking a straight face up shot. With Pala, you can just ask them if something has a window, and as they are very knowledgeable (and reputable), I believe they will give you an honest answer. I have asked in the past about 3 stones, and they told me all had windows.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1389470450|3590980 said:
Some vendors will try to hide a window by not taking a straight face up shot. With Pala, you can just ask them if something has a window, and as they are very knowledgeable (and reputable), I believe they will give you an honest answer. I have asked in the past about 3 stones, and they told me all had windows.

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. Im sure a person looking to spend 50k/ct would ask for additional details in any case :) threadjack over.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That one has nice saturation, don't know from the angle whether that's a window or tilt window. Anyway, it's only $80K, pocket money! :???:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to tell whether it is windowed since tourmaline is a low RI stone that shows a tilt window very easily, even precision cut tourmaline. What I do know from personal experience is that Pala's photography is too blue and not as intense as pictured. I give them kudos for being upfront about then when I inquired about 2 blue spinels several years ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results