shape
carat
color
clarity

Palm Tree Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glloyd77

Rough_Rock
My wife and I are coming up on our first anniversary and I am looking for something special to get her. I was thinking of getting a diamond necklace reflecting the palm and crescent moon of South Carolina which is the state where we got married. Does anyone know where I can find a nice one or who to go to?

Thank you!!!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany''s has a beautiful platinum and diamond palm tree necklace. I believe they have a crescent moon also, but not on the same piece.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Nahoku has a wide variety of palm trees, but I''ve never purchased from them.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
South Carolina Jewelers was found by doing a search from the resources tab above. I would contact those two first and see what direction or help they can be.

Alternatively,

You can go to Google and enter South Carolina Gifts. You will find the museum state gift shop. There is jewelry link with state symbols. The mens cufflinks have both images on a disk. But they are not of a precious metal, stone or gold. Just plated (which means they won't stand the test of time). You could perhaps have that cuff link design as a model to have a custom piece done.* A disk shape such as a cufflink could be engraved...with the date of your wedding...or perhaps the date of your anniversary. Not sure which would be more meaningful. After all she knows when she got married...it being an anniversary gift...it may be fun to have it have a specific date of a year later? You would need to ask others that one!

Also I did a google search as South Carolina Jewelry and found a business by the name of Pollys Jewelry. They offer SC state symbol diamond pieces and more quality work than my second suggestion above...similar to what you would find on the PS vendor list. You will have several google pages of jewelers listed from that state that more than likely would have the recognized symbols that you are trying to duplicate.

I like the other poster suggestion of Roberto Coin. Get a palmetto charm http://www.robertocoin.com/index2_eng.html (click on Collection, Only in USA, and then Tiny Treasures) and then find a cresent one. Wearing two of that quality would be quite the gift! (If my link didn't work, You can find that vendor by clicking on the Resources word on the header above, then Designers and Brands.) You could splurge on the palm tree and add a cresent say made in yellow gold. Wearing both of them on a chain would look pretty unique. Of course a white gold one would work too. What I am trying to suggest is they don't both have to be the diamond encrusted variety. A shiny metal cresent would look great paired with a diamond one!

That is an idea...two charms of each symbol is not a bad idea. It would make an impressive display. (just so you know...we women sort of have a secret code...we are all to suggest MORE than less...when it comes to gifting. We all do this in the spirit of SISTER HOOD. Again two Roberto Coins is the way to go! And the women said YES!)

Another brand you may find individual charm pieces from is James Avery. They offer sterling silver as well as 14kt gold...but you won't find diamond in their pieces. They are also listed in the Designer and Brands listing here on PS as well, follow the directions above. JA is respected charm source. Many women recognize the work..and it is a fun less expensive way to start a collection.

*Before you buy, why don't you contact a few of the PS vendors and ask if they can build you a special piece? WHITE FLASH for example does fabulous custom work, and they just may have a suggestion that you haven't thought of. It would be cool to add a stone of a piece of her collection she no longer wears...and make it really sentimental.

What a thoughtful gift your idea will make. Best of luck! Please return with details. We
2.gif
all get so involved in the planning it is fun to see the outcome!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I have the Roberto Coin Palm Tree necklace. I bought it a few years back and LOVE it. So many have given me compliments on it. Seems like it''s more admired than my diamond solitaire pendant.

The diamonds in the RC are well cut and sparkle nicely, as well. Worth every penny.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neckshot. . .

palmonneckforpc.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the RC necklace. I've seen it on another woman around town and I could tell that it was the real deal because of the sparkle. So I'd want that one and I love the idea of adding a solid gold crescent charm.

Of course going custom would work too. Very thoughtful idea!! Please come back and post photos!!

ETA: MC I just adore your necklace!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results