shape
carat
color
clarity

Pairing pearl earrings with simple diamond necklace, yes or no?

ecc1996

Rough_Rock
I recently inherited a beautiful, vintage Tiffany Diamonds by the Yard One Carat Necklace from my grandmother. (It's in my avatar, I tried to take the best picture I could of it!) My question is, is it okay to wear pearl earrings (probably 6mm) with this necklace? Or would it be a fashion no-no? I definitely don't want to detract from the beauty and simplicity of the necklace, but I would also like to wear simple stud earrings with it. I have a pair of small open circle studs that I often wear with the necklace since they're very subtle and barely even there. Would the pearls be too much? If so, would smaller pearls work with it? Opinions?

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why not? Just do it

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no rules!!
Wear what you love.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will wear them then! I guess I was just second-guessing myself. Hooray for no rules!
Pearl studs and a diamond necklace---classic!
You can also go with diamond studs and a pearl strand=)2
Pearls and diamonds love each other!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely yes. I almost always wear diamonds on my ears with pearls around my neck or vice versa. I don’t like being too matchy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Wearing a single piece of jewelry is so unusual now, I am surprised by your asking the question.

Thinking out loud

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Pearls and Diamonds are such a classic and feminine combination! Yes!! You must! Its a fashion no-no to not wear them together! (;

But no, there are zero rules for fashion or jewelry!
We all wear what we love and what brings us joy!

Whether you want to be like me and look like Liberace or whether you're into a more dainty minimalist look.....its all about you!
Plus creating a signature style through your choice of jewelry, one that people remember you by is so much fun.
Students at my school and peers at work remember me as the gemstone girl whos always wearing large gemstone cabochon rings and housing tumbled stones in my pocket for luck. They always ask me what a certain gemstone means or come to me to show me their newly bought pieces.

My jewelry style isnt subtle but neither is my personality. (;
Find what makes you feel your best then expand your collection (if you desire) that way!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearls and Diamonds are such a classic and feminine combination! Yes!! You must! Its a fashion no-no to not wear them together! (;

But no, there are zero rules for fashion or jewelry!
We all wear what we love and what brings us joy!

Whether you want to be like me and look like Liberace or whether you're into a more dainty minimalist look.....its all about you!
Plus creating a signature style through your choice of jewelry, one that people remember you by is so much fun.
Students at my school and peers at work remember me as the gemstone girl whos always wearing large gemstone cabochon rings and housing tumbled stones in my pocket for luck. They always ask me what a certain gemstone means or come to me to show me their newly bought pieces.

My jewelry style isnt subtle but neither is my personality. (;
Find what makes you feel your best then expand your collection (if you desire) that way!

Haha! I love this!
I rock the big rings, too:mrgreen2::lol-2::P2

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lately I have been wearing jewelry purchased in the 1980’s and 1990’s. ( Trifari, Monet, etc.). Loved the pieces then..and still do. I look at my stash and put them on. I don't need new jewelry...my taste has aways been more classic vs trendy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearls and diamonds go together very well. A classic pairing IMO. Elegant and sophisticated and beautiful. Wear what you love and you won't go wrong.:kiss2:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I almost always mix diamonds and pearls. I pretty much never wear pearl earrings with a pearl necklace. It just seems too matchy-matchy. I always wear either diamond earrings and a pearl necklace or vice versa.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I almost alway wear my pearl necklace with my diamond studs, not my pearl studs. I love the contrast. Wear them!

And I love your grandmother's necklace! That is a fabulous piece that will great with blue jeans and a t-shirt to a black tie dress. Fabulous!

Enjoy

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic combination.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Love the combination.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are no rules.