shape
carat
color
clarity

**Paging EBree**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I remember a while back before you were TTC, you had a pre-conception checkup with necessary bloodwork, etc. What sort of things did they test you for? I am in the beginning stages of the TTC process. I''m just wondering if it''s something I should consider doing before I really begin trying. Any advice would be great.
5.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about Ebree''s test, but I''m butting in because I''m a nosy nellie.
1.gif
I actually went in recently for a full-blown physical. I had blood drawn to see my platelet counts, to check for high blood pressure and my cholesterol level, and to make sure my organs are functioning correctly(i.e. kidneys, liver, heart yadda yadda), had my thyroid checked as well as my hormone levels. I was tested for diabetes, tuberculosis, and my asthma was checked out as well. I had an EKG and was ruled out for all illnesses. I had my urine tested as well as a pelvic exam. It was quite exhausting, but I feel better knowing nothing is wrong with me!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great AmberWaves! I''m wondering if I should do both or just one or other. It''s been two years since I had a full blown physical. Personally, I just want to know if I''m o''ing. I started temping this month and I''m at CD 14 with no temp shift yet. I typically have 30 day cycles so there''s time. Since I''m 30, I really don''t want to waste time trying to guess if everythings'' OK or not.

How are things with you???

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, I didn''t do a pre-natal. I heard they just do a basic physical and answer general questions, take some bloodwork etc. Since I felt I was pretty healthy, and no pre-existing conditions, I opted out of it. It can''t hurt though!

However they won''t tell you anything about your chances of becoming pg, or whether you''re ovulating etc. They wouldn''t go that far to test for anything fertility related until you concretely observed some issues, had been trying for 6 months,etc.
Don''t worry about no temp shift yet, you might just be o''ing later. Just let this month play out--alot of times you can''t observe a pattern until you have 2-3 months of data. You could add an OPK next month just to cross reference with temps and other "signs" (EWCM for example).

Can''t wait to hear your updates on prepping for TTC''ing!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB, mainly I went in just for the physical because they''re just so terrible.
1.gif
I figured I may as well get it done so I can stop assuming every sickness is like, TB or something. I''m the worst kind of hypochondriac, I''d rather assume I''m sick than actually get checked out.
20.gif
I think that if you feel you''re pretty much in shape and just want to know you''re o''ing, you can go in for a reproductive physical at your gyno/ob? I don''t really know, actually, I did the whole shebang so I wouldn''t spaz out every time I had an ache or pain.

I do think a gyno appt. for preconception could definitely be useful, though. I''m on my first cycle post BC, and not nearly close enough to O or to check for anything. So far it''s been 4 days since my last "sugar" pack. I''m a little anxious though!

How are you? I feel bad for nosing into your questions for Ebree! Sorry!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
No worries about popping in chat about this AW - I was actually hoping someone else would chime in. Probably should''ve just posted in the TTC thread. This is the first month I''ve been charting, but in the past I have been tracking my CM. I''ve never really seen anything major as far as EWCM so, that was a concern. My periods are regular and usually around 29 or 30 days in length so, I''m assuming everything''s fine, but I guess you really don''t know until you''ve tracked it for a few months.

I think it will just be good to go and talk to my doctor about everything. I just found out last night my boss is pregnant so, now I''m really starting to catch baby fever. I''m so happy for her though because she had a m/c back in Sept. and she''s trying to be really cautious since she''s 40.

Thanks JG - I might run out to buy the OPKs tonight since I think sometimes my thermometer is broken. This morning, I had trouble turning it on - it''s brand new though since I bought it solely for this reason. I really just want to see that I''ve o''d. Something inside me keeps telling me that I don''t, but it all could be mental since our target date to start trying is next month.
32.gif
32.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB, I haven''t even begun to chart. As for the temperature, do you just use a regular thermometer? I should keep track, but I''m afraid it will all seem too technical.
7.gif
I don''t really care as much, but my lovely husband wants to think it all happens easily and quickly (as it did with his sibling''s children). Is it very technical?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, I just a regular digital thermometer (I''m sure DH loves to hear the beeping every morning at the crack of dawn

3.gif
) I didn''t want to temp, but I really wanted to find out about whether or not I was ovulating. Granted, I''ve been educating myself on this for months before starting and have been of the pill since Oct. (and taking prenatals) so, I felt like I was ready to try it this month. I used the program that came with my TCOYF book, although the trial is over in 4 days so, I may join FF.

It''s really simple actually - you just plug in your temp. and other factors that occur during your day like stress, medications, BDing, etc. The program does the rest. Here''s my basic chart so far

ChartforBB.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, BB, that is so cool. The technie nerd in me is intrigued!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that''s really small, but you get the idea - not sure how to make it bigger.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I can see the gist of it, it looks so cool and techy!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Is that your temp chart? If so, it looks like you''ve got a shift downwards to me. I think it waits for 3 days consistently down to give you an estimated O date.

A visit to your gyno is a good idea..I forgot to add I''d just done one prior to TTC, so another reason why I didn''t go back in. You can do your annual and ask her some questions. But I do remember that she didn''t tell me much--it was almost like she wouldn''t take me seriously until I started trying already (the best test to find out if everything''s "working" haha).

I''m sure you''re ovulating btw..dont'' worry :)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 4:18:39 PM
Author: janinegirly
Is that your temp chart? If so, it looks like you''ve got a shift downwards to me. I think it waits for 3 days consistently down to give you an estimated O date.

A visit to your gyno is a good idea..I forgot to add I''d just done one prior to TTC, so another reason why I didn''t go back in. You can do your annual and ask her some questions. But I do remember that she didn''t tell me much--it was almost like she wouldn''t take me seriously until I started trying already (the best test to find out if everything''s ''working'' haha).

I''m sure you''re ovulating btw..dont'' worry :)
Thanks for the reassurance JG - it does mean a lot to hear from someone who is preggos and WAS in the same boat.
2.gif
Does the downward shift mean that I should be o''ing soon? Still trying to figure out how to read these things.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
can you make the chart bigger? I think it looks like your temps might be in a downward trend, but would need to see tomorrow''s temp to confirm. No the beginning of the shift down would mean you o''d the day before, but it waits for 3 in a row (on FF at least, not sure if that''s what you use) to confirm it.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 4:59:44 PM
can you make the chart bigger? I think it looks like your temps might be in a downward trend, but would need to see tomorrow''s temp to confirm. No the beginning of the shift down would mean you o''d the day before, but it waits for 3 in a row (on FF at least, not sure if that''s what you use) to confirm it.
Crap - I''m having trouble downloading this sucker. My temp has not gone past 97.7 just yet. I always thought that you o''d when your temp goes above 98 degrees.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
no worries..i''m awful at posting pictures, links, anything.

anyway, i''m soooo sorry, but i got it backwards..its a temp shift upwards that indicates ovluation has occured. Sorry--it''s been awhile since I charted so I got it mixed up. Just looked at my old chart to remind myself! Hopefully my credibility hasn''t been shot
emwink.gif

Oh and the actual temperature reading doesn''t indicate ovulation, it''s the consistent shift above the "coverline". So basically your temps stay low from period through ovulation. And you''re right that there is a dip just before ovulation, but it''s hard to notice utnil the shift upwards happens. Anyway, after O has occured temps shift upwards and stays above coverline until period. A coverline is just an arbitrary line at a temperature that you''ve consistently been below (pre ovulation) and then consistently above (post ovulation). Sooo...yes it appears you may be about to O if your temps are correct. STILL, I wouldn''t read too much into it. You just started and you could''ve been temping at different times or just getting used to it all.

I wish I could post my chart here..but no clue how to do it like i said!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks JG - the other thing is that I''ve been using a regular fever thermometer - not a basal thermometer. I was just reading FF and noticed I have the wrong thing!
20.gif
I have to just laugh at this point...
41.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
JG - lets try this chart out for size. My free trial for chartting with TCOYF is over tomorrow so, I signed up for FF as a VIP. I transfered all my data over to this chart. So, I'm on CD 16 and no signs of ovulation. Although I was using a fever thermometer instead of a basia body thermometer (this morning was the first day with the basal).

Cycle 1 - 3-27-08.png

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi,

you''re right that according to the chart, it looks like ovulation hasn''t happened yet. How''s it looking now?
Either way, don''t worry yet. The first month it''s all about getting used to temping. Things like temping at the same time, sleeping for a few hours straight before hand etc. need to be consistent, or else things can get thrown off easily. Keep me posted!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 11:10:21 AM
Author:blushingbride
I remember a while back before you were TTC, you had a pre-conception checkup with necessary bloodwork, etc. What sort of things did they test you for? I am in the beginning stages of the TTC process. I''m just wondering if it''s something I should consider doing before I really begin trying. Any advice would be great.
5.gif

So sorry for chiming in late- I just saw this thread!

When I went in for my preconception checkup, I had blood drawn to check my thyroid levels and for possible anemia, but only because I expressed interest. Other than that, my gyno showed me how to chart (though I was already WAY ahead of her!
9.gif
), wrote me a prescription for prenatal vitamins, and told me how delighted she was that I was already so involved in being healthy and informed before trying. DH and I are 24 and 25, both in good health, and without a history of miscarriage (at the time), so I don''t think there was much else to say.

In other words, it wasn''t necessary, but if you have certain questions or would like to be tested for certain issues (or possible issues), it doesn''t hurt!

E B

Ideal_Rock
If this helps anyone, this was my chart the cycle I got pregnant. I stopped temping after 13 DPO because I was making myself crazy. I couldn't sleep well because I was so nervous about what my temp would be the next morning!

Attachments

• chartebree.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 242

E B

Ideal_Rock
I should add that last cycle (BFP), I temped and used my Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor, and they didn't agree on my O date (as you'll see on the chart), so we covered both. I'll probably do both the next couple of cycles as well, until the CBEFM becomes more familiar with my cycles and I can use it exclusively.

This post-miscarriage cycle, I haven't monitored anything, something I won't do again until after getting pregnant. I hate not knowing what's going on.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ebree - my mom had endomitriosis (and no systems to alert her) so, it''s another reason why I wanted a pre-conception exam. I just want to talk to my doctor about it and see what her thoughts are on it.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
now it''s my turn to ask a question--how do you post your FF chart here?

blushing, how''s it going with the temping?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 9:14:15 AM

Janinegirly - If you go to FF and click on my chart, you''ll see the latest chart from your last cycle. Under your chart, there will be a link that says print - click on it and then select Web Page HTML under Format. From there you might be able to copy and paste the link into PS. But, I right clicked on the chart and saved it as Bitmap. I was then able to upload the bitmap to PS. You may need to reduce the size in Photoshop if it''s too big. Hope that helps!
5.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 9:14:15 AM

I just saved it as a jpeg (type .jpg after the name of the file when it pops up) and uploaded it as I do other pictures on PS.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 8:57:29 AM
Author: blushingbride
Thanks Ebree - my mom had endomitriosis (and no systems to alert her) so, it''s another reason why I wanted a pre-conception exam. I just want to talk to my doctor about it and see what her thoughts are on it.

There you go! I love my OBGYN- she answers all my questions and really eased my mind about a lot of things, especially through my miscarriage. If you have questions, by all means, it''s best to go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results