shape
carat
color
clarity

P.S. members what is your favorite X-mas songs ?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my top 3

#1 -white X-mas
#2- 12 days of X-mas
#3- sled ride

njc

Brilliant_Rock
1. O Holy Night
2. (Tie) Rockin'' Around the Christmas Tree & Jingle Bell Rock
3. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Christian: Gloria in Excelsis Deo (all time favorite of both categories), O Come All Ye Faithful, Oh Come Let Us Adore Him,

Secular: Santa Baby, The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire), White Christmas

Guilty Pleasure: The Chipmunk Song

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I should be embarassed but here goes, Mariah Carey''s All I want For Chirstmas... and It''s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year... (who sings that?) I want to say it''s Dean Martin''s version, not the Johnny Mathis version...I don''t like his rendition as much....

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
My number one favorite is "Carol of the Bells" - it''s very moving to me and it brings me to tears....yes, I''m a dork.
Then, Eartha Kitt''s "Santa Baby"
Then "Jingle Bell Rock"
Then "Oh Come All ye Faithful"

I also kinda like Elvis'' "Blue Christmas"

Luv

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
O Holy Night

Little Drummer Boy - Bowie & Bing

I don''t know the name of it - but it brings boo hoo tears of joy to my eyes - It''s the one about the first song of the nightengale. The little girl nurses the bird to health & offers it to the Baby as her only gift.

Lots of others - but these are my mainstays. I think Snoopy vs Red Baron has to be on my top 10.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2004 4:21:41 PM
Author: Nicrez
I should be embarassed but here goes, Mariah Carey''s All I want For Chirstmas... and It''s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year... (who sings that?) I want to say it''s Dean Martin''s version, not the Johnny Mathis version...I don''t like his rendition as much....
HI:

Is it Andy Williams?

Love that one too and these besides:

-Ava Maria (Barbra Striesand)
-I''ll Be Home for Christmas (Connie Francis)
-God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman (Barenaked Ladies and Sara McLachlan)
-Christmas Day (Dido)

cheers--Sharon

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (Brenda Lee??)

"Carol of the Bells"

"Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (I love playing this on the flute)

"Linus and Lucy" (I love playing this on the piano)

"Santa Baby"

"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies"...Actually, the entire Nutcracker Suite

"Frosty the Snowman"

"Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer"...I love my own version where I insert my own lines
9.gif

for example: Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer..had a very shiny nose..LIKE A LIGHTBULB!...and if you ever saw it..SAW
IT... you would even say it glows...LIKE A CANDLE...all of the other reindeer...REINDEER...used to laugh and call him
names...LIKE MUD FACE...they never let poor Rudolph...RUDOLPH...join in any reindeer games..LIKE MONOPOLY!

My h2b cracks up when this song comes on because I don't sing the real words to it but I pipe up and blurt mine out in my oh-so-in-key singing voice...lmao, yeah right.

I know, I'mma dork
37.gif
9.gif

genie

Rough_Rock
I love Christmas music! Some of my faves are:

All I Want for Christmas
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
Last Christmas - (I know cheesy)

So many others : I will be back!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
1. O Holy Night (Pavarotti) This puts me immediately in a warm and fuzzy sentimental holiday mood. Plus the melody is so gorgeous it makes me cry. If only I could sing...

2. Anything from the Nutcracker Suite. It is NOT Christmas until I''ve heard the Nutcracker. My favorite is the grand pas de deux at the end, but I also like the pas de deux at the end of Act I. Yes, I''m a ballet geek as well as a science geek
1.gif

3. Linus and Lucy!!! I love love love A Charlie Brown Christmas
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OMG don''t get me started. I''d start playing Christmas music in July if my family would let me.
12.gif

~Grown up Christmas Wish

I have a bunch of "favorite" Christian Christmas favorites, too many to name. Those who know some of these songs might think of a few.......

Gotta go find the CD jackets now..... I''ll be back.....
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2004 10
6.gif
8:29 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me
'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas' by Burl Ives
That's my #1, all-time favorite too, D4M--and everyone always laughs at me! I'm glad to know I'm no longer alone!
1.gif

I alo like the Nutcracker, especially the Russian Dance ad Coffee. Until I was about 20, a family tradition was to go to Lincoln Center every year to see the Balanchine Nutcracker by ABT then to dinner in the city. My father would rent a limo and take my grandparents, etc. It was a wonderful time. I love the ballet, especially anything Tchaikovsky. All-time favorite is Swan Lake. My mom and I used to go 4 times a year to the ballet--she subscribed to the ABT and got a Spring package/choice of 4-- but we kind of stopped because she doesn't like going to the city after 9/11.
7.gif

There's also a version of Frosty The Snowman by some obscure pop group that I love...I have to go find the CD like Kmom!
1.gif

Edited: it's the Cocteau Twins.
33.gif
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My traditional favorites:

Greensleeves (What Child Is This)
Do You Hear What I Hear
Oh Holy Night

Not as traditional:

Springsteen''s Merry Christmas Baby
Pretty Paper by Willie Nelson

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2004 10:58:38 AM
Author: Patty
My traditional favorites:

Greensleeves (What Child Is This)
Do You Hear What I Hear
Oh Holy Night

Not as traditional:

Springsteen''s Merry Christmas Baby
Pretty Paper by Willie Nelson
HI:

Oh yes Patty, growing up and hearing Roy Orbison''s "Pretty Paper" all the time, makes me teary eyed now..........
And there is another beautiful song recorded about the same time as the above (aka just about as old) "The Natividad" sung by a female, but for the life of me I cannot recall who it is.....................

P.S. How is the decorating of your CB tree coming along?

BTW, great thread!

cheers--Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Sharon, the Charlie Brown tree is still pathetic. We should get ornaments on it today. So far it just has lights and cute plaid bows on it. Daughter #2 came home, saw the tree and started laughing. I said, "Hey, it''s not too skinny!" She said, "No, it''s those bows!" I tell ya, kids these days.

I forgot another favorite Christmas song. John Lennon''s Happy Christmas (War is Over). We heard it in concert in ''01 when 9-11 was fresh in everyone''s minds. When the Children''s choir started singing I don''t think that there was a dry eye in the house.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a Christmas music listening fiend all of December...hehee. I listen to the music at work, at home I play it all the time (and put it on repeat for when we are not home for the dog to listen to), and in the car.
9.gif
I even make up my own words to some of the songs , aka this year instead of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer it's Portia the Black Nosed Westie.
9.gif

My absoulute favorite is the Nutcracker with the Waltz of the Flowers and the Sugar Plum Fairy ones as my favorites, but I know all of them....I can hum the whole cd...hehee. We also see the ballet every year in SF...it's my favorite. Their little Nutcracker store also often has amazing ornaments, some of the ones I get the most compliments on are from their store!

Other than that my favorite songs are the old ones from Burl Ives, Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole from when I was a baby...my mom had the records and I still love those songs and renditions to this very day. The new renditions are kind of fun, peppier and more pop sometimes, but the classics are still my favorites. Rudolph, Winter Wonderland, Sleigh Ride, O Holy Night, Jingle Bells.
1.gif
This year one of my new favorites is 'All I want for Christmas' from the Love Actually soundtrack. I love that version.

Every year I buy one or two CD's with some favorites, this year my colleague at work got me the Pottery Barn compilation of 3 CD's...I absolutely love their compilations, a great mix of old and some new. I also have their Hip Holiday from 2 years ago 3 CD set...it's one of my favorites.

Oh and on a funny note, I too like the Chipmunk song...BUT I heard a song this week called 'I want a Hippopatamus for Christmas' which was so hilarious!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I love Leeroy Andersons Sleigh Ride and it is on my husband & I''s mobil phones now, helping us along in the holiday spirit!

I also love the Christmas Song, we sing it a lot at home,

Lastly, Solitary Snowflake, my daughter just sang it in her concert choir at school, touching, those concerts always make me teary eyed.....
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ONLY christmas song I like is the Cartman rendition of Oh Holy Night.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
"Santa was a black man"
"Father Christmas"
"Happy Xmas (war is over)"

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I like my Xmas songs to be poignant!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Santa Baby
White Christmas - make me feel like I am surrounded by snow even when I am in California.
I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - it''s so cute.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Strange Way to Save The World

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results