shape
carat
color
clarity

P-Q Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
So.......I bought this really pretty little diamond, from Diamond Delights on ebay, which was described as P-Q in color (I have no pictures yet). What color gold do you all think would play up the yellow tint best? White, yellow or rose?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It depends - if you want to emphasise the yellow tone, I''d go for a white shank with yellow prongs. If you want to minimise the sense of yellowness, probably all yellow would work best.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Please post some pictures when it arrives, I''m very curious to see the color. I love warmer stones
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:41:11 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
It depends - if you want to emphasise the yellow tone, I''d go for a white shank with yellow prongs. If you want to minimise the sense of yellowness, probably all yellow would work best.
Yeah, I want to emphasize the yellow. Thanks for that - I hadn''t even thought of the white shank/yellow prong combo!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:32:40 PM
Author: MMT
Please post some pictures when it arrives, I''m very curious to see the color. I love warmer stones
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
I have it, just haven''t reinstalled the camera software since I had to have the computer ''uninfested'', lol. I''ll get around to it one of these days, and it really is a very pretty little (49 pt) diamond. When I do get to it, I''ll post with your name in the title. I love the warmer stones, too.
30.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:34:15 PM
Author: Demon

Yeah, I want to emphasize the yellow. Thanks for that - I hadn''t even thought of the white shank/yellow prong combo!
Most welcome! Look forward to seeing it on our hand.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 5:34:15 PM
Author: Demon

Date: 3/26/2009 3:41:11 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
Just a word of caution ........... wait until you''ve seen the stone. I''ve got a very warm yellow and set it with yellow prongs and white shank and I hate the icy coldness of the shank with the warm head. It just doesn''t seem to work and conflicts. I think it depends on the actual colour of the diamond and whether it''s a cooler or warmer yellow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I love the idea of rose gold with it, depending on the tint it could look beautiful.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking this is the perfect shade for me. But I haven''t seen anything around a U in person, so that could change..... Diamond Delights had it listed as an I1 in clarity, but said that it was only because of a ''rough'' girdle area (which can''t even be noticed without a loupe) and some small (actually extremely tiny) feathers. I kind of hesitated over the purchase because of that, but I emailed Mike and he said it was a pretty little stone, so I bought it. And he was so right! My only complaint with this diamond is that it isn''t bigger!

oldmancoyote - it''ll be a bit before I get it set, other than a temporary silver setting, but I will take pictures when I get it done. :)

LovingDiamonds - Thanks. it seems to be more of a ''cool'' pale yellow. I haven''t been able to see it in direct sunlight yet (major snowstorm here) but there is some some through the window and it seems to be giving off more blue and green flashes, with only occasional reds.

Lorelei - I know, I was pretty torn about rose gold vs the others. I think I''ll put this one in the white/yellow combo, and maybe redo my champagne in the rose.

Thanks, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results