shape
carat
color
clarity

Owners of Brian Gavin Black? Has anyone seen them?

uxr51

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have been lurking for quite some time and wondered why no one seems to own Brian Gavin Black? Almost everyone goes for WF ACA or CBI on super ideal diamonds. Some go for the signature line. Any particular reasons why? Or is BGD black more of a local dealer or niche market?

I have searched all across the internet and on this forum for owners and found very little info on how those diamonds actually perform. Supposedly the facets are "tuned" for performance in a similar way as CBI diamonds claim they do. Has anyone compared BGD Black to CBI in person?

User @RunningwithScissors compared Wf ACA, BGD Black and CBI and went with a CBI. I don't know how to contact her but did not find a post with details on why she went with CBI.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have BG signature because I wanted small side stones and they perform like super ideals.

In general, while do able for most people, the BG upgrade policy is slightly more restrictive than others, where you have to upgrade 2 of 3 categories. So if you start off with a higher color and clarity, you can’t really do much on an upgrade, unless they work with you, which If they did is at their discretion.

WF and HPD is 1$ more and you can do what you want... I haven’t bought yet from WF but with HPD you can even trade in one diamond for two etc. they have much nicer upgrade policies.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More expensive with worse upgrade policy than competitors. Little reason to go ahead with BG Black.

Occasionally they run significant discounts on their diamonds.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve upgraded with Whiteflash and it was super easy. But I think HPD is the only vendor that lets you trade in one stone for 2 smaller.
I do think BGD is mentioned less often because of the more restrictive trade in policy. I did buy my daughter H VS2 studs at BGD with the idea of upgrading but she’s happy with the size. 66 tcw.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results