shape
carat
color
clarity

Ovals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prinny

Rough_Rock
I would love to see your oval engagement rings. My heart is set on a 2ct oval with a halo so if anyone has anything close please share so I can drool over it
30.gif

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine!

2.23 cts, E SI 1 with bullet side stones.

r1100_003ab.jpg

Ring%201F%20061208.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh coatie and Kellybell, your rings are absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 1:58:55 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 3/14/2009 1:50:25 PM

Author: coatimundi

Here''s my oval.

1.51ct G VS1 with kite shaped side stones set in plat.

Ring size 4.

Oval dimensions are 9.5mm X 6.6mm

Have I never seen this before?
6.gif
Its just amazing. Oh honey, its just simply stunning!
31.gif

Aw thanks SDL! I''ve had it for awhile--I recently had the prongs redone, so it looks a bit different.

Thanks Michelle!
1.gif

Kellybell--that is exquisite!

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
2.4 center...size 4.25. Oval set with pears. I think the pears are .3 each. I love ovals and am so glad I didn''t go for a round or cushion.

imgringresized28.jpg

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
Another photo

ring reduced size photo 102999.jpg

kjt

Rough_Rock
love the claws on this! If I had to do it all over again, I''d definitely consider the claws.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies - your ovals are stunning. Thank you for sharing.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhh, I love ovals. There''s something so classy & classic & feminine about them. Swoon!
emlove.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ovals are so pretty! Here is a photo of my friend''s oval solitaire. I believe it''s around 1.5 carats. It is GORGEOUS.

Summer 08 103 small xs.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am loving all the ovals. I have an oval RHR, but don''t know how to post a pic. Maybe someone can find it and post it. ( hint hint!!)
It''s a 2 carat with half moon sides by Leon Mege. I just adore this ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kaleighleonoval2.jpg

here it is!
30.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:50:15 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am loving all the ovals. I have an oval RHR, but don''t know how to post a pic. Maybe someone can find it and post it. ( hint hint!!)

It''s a 2 carat with half moon sides by Leon Mege. I just adore this ring.
Here''s Kaleigh''s beauty!

kov1111.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can my little tiddler join in? She''s only 1.02ct but looks much larger.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon and Porridge!!
1.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I can usually surf Pricescope without getting too emotional, but I am now officially GREEN WITH ENVY! I adore ovals but am afraid of getting one with a noticeable bow tie. How did you ladies all avoid that?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 7:22:58 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
OK, I can usually surf Pricescope without getting too emotional, but I am now officially GREEN WITH ENVY! I adore ovals but am afraid of getting one with a noticeable bow tie. How did you ladies all avoid that?
I worked with Jonathon at GOG. He knew I had to have one without the bow tie. He called in 4 stones. Then he made videos of them. I saw those videos over and over. I ended up picking his favorite. I wear this ring almost every day, and just love it.
One of my friends has a 3 stone oval ering, that is beyond stunning. I caught the bug for ovals from her ering. It''s the prettiest ring ever.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
All your ovals are gorgeous! I too am green with envy!!
21.gif
Serious drool! The looks are so sophisticated and classic. DH has a 1.5ct before we got married and now we can''t find it!! I REALLY want it!!..even more-so now after seeing all these beauties.

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! Thank you all for sharing, these ring are absolutely gorgeous! Hopefully I will have my own to share soon
36.gif

Until then, I will just drool over all of these
31.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 7:33:39 PM

I worked with Jonathon at GOG. He knew I had to have one without the bow tie. He called in 4 stones. Then he made videos of them. I saw those videos over and over. I ended up picking his favorite. I wear this ring almost every day, and just love it.
One of my friends has a 3 stone oval ering, that is beyond stunning. I caught the bug for ovals from her ering. It''s the prettiest ring ever.
I must have seen that video when I was looking for ovals. That is how I discovered Jonathan and Jubilees! I do intend to have an oval one day, so I will probably let Jonathan get me one like you did. The only dilemma I will have then is what side stones to get: bullets, pears, ovals, rounds, half-moons. What a great problem to have!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
this thread!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
woooooow...Everyone''s ovals are simply stunning!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love all the rings in this thread! Ladies, your ovals are beyond gorgeous
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am really starting to love ovals. They are so elegant and have such great spread!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! You all have such stunning oval rings!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 7:33:39 PM

I did the same thing...I highly recommend Jonathon. We called in 2 different stones, and he sent me a video as well. He has a great eye for this shape.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 1:54:54 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Wow, I am really starting to love ovals. They are so elegant and have such great spread!!

31.gif

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
I love ovals- I only once found one without a bowtie, but it was an I
7.gif
ovals show much much more color and I don''t like the yellower stones. Mine has a slight bowtie, but I can only notice it in certain lights. I''ve also found emerald cuts, cushions, etc ALL have them. Not a reason to stray from ovals!
21.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''M IN LOVE!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the general sentiment here - beautiful and elegant. I believe there was someone here who had a fabulous haloed ~10ct oval. I saw it in a large stones thread but for the life of me I can't remember the title to search for it. That ring gave me a serious hankering for ovals. I'll try to find it...if anyone else remembers please link it or post pics!

ETA found it! Linky to Madrocks ginormous beautiful 10ct+ oval It's about halfway down the page

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results